cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create business partner from customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have made the settings for the automatic creation of customer from business partner. I have tested creation of customer from business partner and the process is working very well.

My client requires that  the customer be created in accounts receivable such that we then link the BP form customer or create BP from customer.

In trying to create or link BP from customer am getting message::

Customer 3000012 is already assigned to business partner 38

Message no. CVIC_UI015

How should i particularly sychronize this process.

Please help.

Regards

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

yeong-chul_jeong
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi david mavi

In your cases, If you want to disconnect existing connection of Customer 3000012 and BP 38,

and you want to recreate and connect Business Partner with Customer 3000012,

You can try to execute t-code 'BUPA_DEL', then Business Partner will be deleted.

But This Connection data between BP and Customer will not be deleted. so you must try to delete this connection in the table ('CVI_CUST_LINK') by manually.

If you want to apply this procedure by programming, you can apply this functions by 'Enhancements (BAdI)'

Regard

Yeong Chul, Jeong

0 Kudos

Hi Mavi

What happens is if you set automatic creation of customer in the direction BP -Customer, the system will automatically create  customer and the point of saving a BP in e.g role TR0600.  This means that when ever you want to link  a already created customer to  any BP in role TR0600 the system will give you an error.

Also you  automatically create  BP from customers.

In the case when you want to link an already existing customer to a BP which is to be created, you need to deactivate automatic creation of customer  from BP.

This allows you to create a BP without creating a BP.

For you to click customer to the BP the setting to creation  in direction Customer to  BP should be made.

Regard Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have an issue where I am able to create a BP using external data transfer but my customer master tables are not being updated. The BUT000 table shows the record but the synchronisation doesn't seem to work. Any guidance/help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

You can do this by modifying the SAP standard settings of BP role TR0600. Go to -

Cross-Application Components >> Master Data Synchronization >> Customer/Vendor Integration >> Business Partner Settings >> Settings for Customer Integration >> Set BP Role Category for Direction BP to Customer

For BP role TR0600, select "Optional for Customer". But we should keep in mind that this is SAP standard setting and might be overwritten during subsequent upgrade or release change (as warning gets popped up while making these settings). Document it as a check for any future upgrade.

Find attached detailed document for Customizing this setting. I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Ankish Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankish Chaudhari

Thank you for your contribution . I have made the changes but still the process is still assigning the BP automatically .

I do not want the Custmer to BP process to be automatic . I want to be able to use T-Code FLBPD1or FLBPD2 . Assignment of BP to custmer should be through that process not automatically.

Much awaiting any contribution.

Thanks in advance

David

JFPC
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What did you customize in the synchronization options?

Cross-Application Components > Master Data Synchronization > Synchronization Control > Synchronization Control > Activate Synchronization Options?

Good luck,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeroen

THis is my customizing settings for the sychronization:

BP>Customer

Customer>BP

BP > Vendor

Vendor to BP

all are activated for synchronization.

Rgds

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeroen

I have tried the option that you have suggested in the screen shot above with t-code FLBPD* and I got the follwing error :

Synchronization from customer to business partner is not active

Message no. CVIC_UI026

Rgds

David

JFPC
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

And how about the settings in:

Master Data Synchronization> Synchronization Control > Synchronization Control > Synchronization Objects. Are they similar to print screen below?

Futhermore did you make all the settings in Customer/Vendor Integration > Business Partner Settings > Settings for Customer Integration for assignement of BP role in case of Customer to BP (Define BP Role for Direction Customer to BP). And in Field Assignment for Customer Integration > Assign Keys > Define Number Assignment for Direction Customer to BP.

And the BP role is defined as a Customer Role?

The message you state seems to be that the synchronisation is not active and you did mark all the possible options?

Regards,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeroen

This is my configuration for the BP

Customizing for synchronization options:

Master Data Synchronization

Synchronization Control

Synchronization Control

Activate Synchronization Options:

BP CUSTOMER X

BP VENDOR X

CUSTOMER BP X

VENDOR BP X

I did activate all options.

Post Processing Office configuration:

Cross-Application Components

Synchronization Control

Synchronization Control

Activate PPO Requests for Platform Objects in the Dialog

Syn.Object PPO Active:

BP X

Creation of post processing orders:

General Application Functions

Postprocessing Office

Business Processes

Activate Creation of Postprocessing Orders

Business Process

CVI_01 Customer -> Business partner

CVI_02 Vendor -> Business partner

CVI_03 Business partner -> Customer

CVI_04 Business partner -> Vendor

I activated all entries.

Customer /vendor integration:

Preparatory Steps for Master Data Synchronization

Settings for Customer Integration

Customer/Vendor Integration

Business Partner Settings

Set BP Role Category for Direction BP to Customer

Customer to BP synchronization:

Define BP Role for Direction Customer to BP

Assign groupings and number range:

Field Assignment for Customer Integration

Assign Keys

Define Number Assignment for Direction BP to Customer

Define Number Assignment for Direction Customer to BP

I then finally ran migration reports..

Much thanks

Awaiting your response.

David

JFPC
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What do you mean with migration reports? Are you upgrading from SAP classic? What happens if you just create a customer with FD01 in the proper account group and then try to create a BP from it with the regular transactions. If that works it seems to be something in the migration.

If you are not migrating then I would set a message out with SAP because to me it seems that all the proper customizing is done.

Regards,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankish,

I hope you can also share some steps on how to create the existing customer master data in FI-AR as Business Partner in FSCM - Collections Management.

Thank you very much.

ankish
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Imelda,

If you are done with synchronization settings, you should be able to create BP from existing customer using T.Code FLBPD1  "Create Business Partner from Customer".

Thanks,

Ankish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankish,

Thank you for your response.

Is that a tcode for mass creation of existing customer master data as BP?