cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2LIS_01_S001 - Pl. help - I can not Setup LIS Environment for S001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks and Roberto,

I am having difficulty in following Roberto's instructions in one of earlier post.

I can not Setup LIS environment for S001 - <b>I get message "008 LIS environment: Generation not possible in SAP name range

"</b>.

Is something wrong here?

did I miss something?

pl. help

thanks

here are the steps from Roberto

However:

• activate the update of your structure with OMO1 transaction, specify the period split (eg. monthly, weekly) and the update mode ( eg. synchronous or asynchronous)

• Setup LIS Environment with transaction RMCSBIWC...after setting up the LIS environment, 2 transparent tables and 1 extract structure is generated for this particular info structure. Within transaction SE11 you can view the tables ‘SnnnBIW1’, ‘SnnnBIW2’ and the structure ‘SnnnBIWS’ and the InfoStructure itself ‚Snnn‘. The tables S5nnnBIW1 & SnnnnBIW2 are used to assist the delta update process within BW.

Extract structure ‘SnnnnBIWC’ is used as an interface structure between OLTP InfoStructure and BW.

• Generate InfoSource in the same transaction (RMCSBIWC)

• Populate BW

• Activate Delta Updating in LIS in the same transaction !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Check SE11 for S001BIW1 and S001BIW2 tables...you will see that they are already generated.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what are the steps for LIS?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I feel you are doing is,.. trying to follow steps that are for customised objects. The structure you are dealing with is 2lis_01_s001 which is a standard SAP structure for which you should bypass the steps that you do for customised structures.

You are supposed to bypass using transactions like MC18, MC21 etc.,

check it out.

BerndSieger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a difference between data sources based on info structures in the SAP name range (S001-S500) and those based on info structures in the customer name range (S501-S999).

The LIS environment for the first ones will be delivered by SAP and should be present in any system featuring the software component PI. You can use the TA LBW0 (LBW-zero) to look up the status of the LIS environment for the S001.

The LIS environment for info structures S501-S999 has to be generated via TA LBW0.

Sometimes there is a problem with the delivered LIS environment for the S001. The LBW0 shows an error in that case. OSS note 115192 usually helps.

Hope that helps,

Bernd Sieger