Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK Payroll : Retro pension wage type is getting triggered in June payroll

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

Here I am with one issue.

Any expert suggestion will be highly appreciated.

I am running June Payroll, Retro occured becz of some back date master data maintainence.

Now I can see that in Payslip, total earning is wrong .

I could figure out the the total payment is calculating Retro Pension wage type( showing in RT table) also although this custom wage type is not reflected in payslip.

I am trying to find out from where this Retro pension came in RT table of June payroll.

I checked master data as well, its no where mainatained.

Kindly help me out with expert advice/guideline.

Thanks in advance.

Waiting for positive feedback.

Regards

priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Nadir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

As per your statement
Back payment is given to EE in June only but date of origin in June itself. It is kind of salary adjustment

Pl. check the  cumulation Class -11,14 & 15 for that particular adjustment WTs its pensionable or not

Check the Retroactive calculation log - DT

Check following changes are done in retro related PCR - GG41

Check IT0003

Thanks
Nadir Sheikh

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Priya

Retro pension wagetye will be calculated in the following scenarios:-

a)Change in employee pay

b)Change done to IT0071

c)Late starter

d)Late leaver with any late payment done to the employee

e)other reasons which can trigger retro pension calulation

Please check the PENS table and IT in the payroll log GPENS,where the calculation of the pension takes place.

Please check the wage types as associated with the relevent pension scheme in table T5G31/T5G37,which is having this retro value .

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Ramana,

Thanks alot for the expert advice.

I would like to share you one thing

* EE pay has been increased from June and hence in Juen itself Retro Pension wage type is being calculated.

* Back payment is given to EE in June only but date of origin in June itself. It is kind of salary adjustment I did as client wants that compensation of prevoius salary should be done in June itself.

* As pay has increased Pension rate has also affected now..

But I am not getting from where this custom pension wage type is triggering.... This is retro pension and I checked alll tables u mentioned but I am not getting any clue as I can see the custom wage type only in RT table, nowhere else..

Ans this pension amount is being added in net payments

Please help me out .

Thanks & regards

Priya

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Priya

Please expand the Function GPENS in the payroll log and check the PENS table and the IT table  in output.

This custom wagetype should exist in the  IT table which is being transferred to RT of the employee payroll at a later processing.

Also please check what is the type of pension scheme maintained for this employee ,i.e. fixed/percentage/or mixed.

Based on the scheme ,you need to check the relevent table T5G37 where the wagetypes are customised for the pension schemes as applicable.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry to say that I have checked IT and PENS table and I could not see the same wage type (9100) anywhere in loge except RT table.

In pesion scheme, We have taken percenatge and also I would like to say in table T5G37, we maintain schemes, so where can I check Custom wage type,..

Your expert advice is highly appreciated but somehow I am unable to figure out..

Kindly help.

Regards

Priya

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Priya

Its quiet strange that  a pension wagetype  not getting processed in GPENS  is shown in RT as pension retro,which most likely is not possible.

If this really relates to pension wagetypes ,then this should have been customised in T5G37

Please expand the Function GPENS in the payroll log and check the PENS table and the IT table  in  input as well as output , as well as processing part of GPENS.

Also can you please explain why you think this amount relates to pension only,can you please check the calculation logic for this wagetype ,i.e. pension % as maintained in IT0071 x  pension basis ,i.e. /111 or /114/ as applicable.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jayanti,

I wish I could paste screenshot here My system doesnt support...

IN GPENS, there I can view only pension scheme  i.e Z01 , its subtype in IT 0071.

Same is configured in T5G37, Z01 is there with start and end date.

Why I am saying that amount relates to pension only because I can see in RT table one custom wage type is 9100 - Retro pension and and value is 50.95

And in If I calculate total earnings, there is difference on 50.95 only in correct calculationa and what is getting displayed in payslip.

Also I found custom wage type 9100 very wierd as it is nowhere maintained in IT 0015 or any other wage types..

I dun know freom where this WT is getting triggered in RT..

Hope I am able to explain you my issue..

waiting for some more guideline.

Thanks & Regards

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana

Also want to add, I have checked cumulation class of 9100 wage type and I could see,

cumulation class 1, 5, 11, 21, 31, 41 is checked.

Is it the reason ?

Please help me out ...

Regards

Priya

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Priya

Can you check if the /559 net pay for the employee is coming correctly in RT,i.e. the value you are exepecting?

If this value is correct for the month of june 12 ,the payslip incorrect earnings as shown can be due to the customising of your payslip, which can be corrected!

Please check for the correctness of the emplouee net pay as calculated in payroll log and confirm?

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayanti,

/559 is not correct as per my requirement.

I could see that in PE51, cumulation ID, in total payments 9100 is maintained in RT..

But I am not getting why this is being calculated in JUNE only.. is it because, Pay scale has been raised from June, but according Pension rate has also increased, then why this Retro pension wage type is required...

I need to have some concept on this .... please.

Let me know If i need to delete this 9100 entry from cumulation as i can understand this is reason net payment is wrng and its including 9100 WT amount.

Kindly guide.

Regards

Priya

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Priya

Thanks for the update.

Firstly please check that your pension calculations ,i.e.employee pension and employer pension contributions are being done correctly with respect to pay increase as is being carried for this employee in june 2012.The standard pension contribution wagetypes are being generated correctly in the payroll and also the payslip contains the correct Employee contribution deduction shown.

If this is correctly done ,you may find out the history of having this customer wagetype  9100 created for pension retro, and also check if this wagetype is getting processed in the rule GG41..

Based on the above you can then take the desison likewise.

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks For the help jayanti,

But I am not sure about teh calculation of pension

All I could say everythg is coming correct in payslip as per the client requiremnet, bit only issue is with extra 50 is getting added in net payments and that value is of 9100 WT which is being calculated in RT but not getting displayed in Payslip.

I tried testing by deleting 9100 from Cumulation id, and payslip output is complete wiered.

I am not getting what I need to do

Please help me with soem more guideline..

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

could you please guide me from where I can see that custom wage type getting picked up in RT table .

This wage type must have been maintained somewhere.

As of now i can see this wage type in cumulation id of payslip...

I want to know in what situation, this calculation has done and why it was needed....

Is there anything I need to ask from client.

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Priya