Crystal Report Field Explorer

tanju_lise3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using Crystal Report 2011.

We have a problem in Field Explorer.

We accessed SAP Tables like Mara Table.

But when I check Field Explorer, I can see like that.

MATNR (Material Number) String (0).

Our problem is why is that 0 (Zero).

How can I solve this problem ?

Best Regards,

Tanju Lise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamju,

I have the same issue and found a work around. We are using Crystal Reports 2011 and connecting to SAP ECC 6.0 EP 3. Like you said, when connecting to an SAP table, any char type fields come across as string[0] in Crystal Reports and don't display any data. I believe this has something to do with the version of Crystal Reports used with ECC 6.0 EP 3. I tried using Crystal Reports 2008 and this issue was gone.

Thank you,

Anthony

tanju_lise3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Thank You for your answer.

Unfortunately, we are just using ECC 6.0 and there is no any EP.

Well, we are trying using CR 2011 without EP.

Best Regards

Tanju

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Looks like the field is defined as "0" as no. of chars. Talk with your functional team if they can change the Data type to String and define the length.

In ECC this Rawstring must be defined as unlimited text to display and Crystal don't undertsand this concept.

If they cannot change in table then Please Use the Function Module  for
converting the string to a readable text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try using Crystal Reports 2008? You should be able to install it with a temporary license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyothirmayee,

The field is definitely not defined as char[0] in ECC (6.0 EP 3). For example table EKPO-EBELN is char[10] in ECC but comes across as string[0] in Crystal Reports. When connecting to another ECC system (6.0 EP 5), EKPO-EBELN comes across just fine as string[10]. This is the case for all tables.

Like I said, My problem was resolved by using Crystal Reports 2008 instead of 2011 when connecting to ECC 6.0 EP 3. It's not a problem with the table definition.

Anthony

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Glad you solved the issue.

So upgrade ECC 6.0 EP3 to EP5 to get the as defined fields in ECC System to CR 2011 then.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using now the CR 2008 SP4 with SAP Integration Kit SP4 and I have the same problem. When I use SAP Table (table created in BI) as a source for CR, the most of the fields in CR are String [0] and the values are not visible in the report... for me this is not working with CR 2008. I found a note about this problem:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1736665

but it's about CR2011 and when I try to Browse the data for a field with String 0 I can't see any values and for sure I don't use a special characters or a long values in the table fields - as the SAP note mentioned.

So I confirm, the same problem exists also in CR2008 SP4.

Do you have any solution?

Thanks,

Tom

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define some value to the string and you will be able to see the data.

Crystal reports doesn't display the value of the field when defined as unlimited char.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean by "define some value to the string"? Where to do this and how? The source table in BI has the type of the fields CHAR with defined length always, for example CHAR 4. I don't use in the source table unlimited chars as field type - the length is always existing.

Thanks!

Tom

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

What is MATNR (Material Number) String length in BI table?.

if it is String[0] then I suggest you to define a length to that datatype. Like String[100]..

thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the image below is the definition of my table in BI. You can see, that the Data Type of the fields is CHAR with defined length. There is no unlimited string type. I can't understand what you suggest. Could you explain with more details?

Thanks,

Tom

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the table definition using Tcode SE11?.

If it is displaying as String[0] in table then talk with the functional team or if only in Crystal reports then make sure you connect to the correct driver.

Thanks

Jothi

tanju_lise3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, Thank You  for your answer.

I think, You mean, check Mara Table from ERP.

If it is right, there is no problem. I added also my problem from Crysal Report. I think this is more clear. Any problem, please turn back to me .

Best Regards

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the table definition using Tcode SE11?.

If it is displaying as String[0] in table then talk with the functional team or if only in Crystal reports then make sure you connect to the correct driver.

Thanks

Jothi