cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between DQM 4.0 and BODS 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know how  DQM 4.0 and BODS 4.0 different than each other? I mean we can do data quality management through BODS then why we need DQM .Are both of them same? if not, in which scenarios we use DQM and in which we use BODS. Please provide an example.I am sorry if I am asking a silly question , but I am very new to these tools.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With SAP BusinessObjects Data Quality Management, version for SAP solutions, you can take advantage of the following features:

• Data quality management – Integrate data quality into SAP applications and increase productivity by allowing your users to work within the native application user interface.
  • Global data processing – Support global postal validation for more than 230 countries in a single pass, and support identification and standardization of global addresses.
  • Duplicate checking – Prevent storage of redundant information.
  • Data cleansing – Cleanse data at the point of entry and on a periodic basis to help ensure ongoing data accuracy and completeness.
  • Interactive address interface – Complete addresses that have minimal or ambiguous data.

Therefore, DQM 4.0 will be installed in BODS 4.0 in order to have cleansing packages

denise_meyer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nandana,

I believe that DQM is just a license for the Data Quality functionality within Data Services 4.0.  There is not a difference.  Unless you are talking about a different product which uses Data Services to do Data Quality processing DQM for SAP - this has predefined Data Services jobs, but then uses an RFC server to hook to say SAP ECC or CRM systems to cleanse the data within those systems.

Hope this answer is helpful.  Please let me know if you need any more clarification.

Thanks,

Denise

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u provide me further clarification regarding this?

former_member183953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denise,

We have the license for Business Objects and Data Services. Now we want to install the DQM, For that do i need only Add-ON license to DQM or complete package?

Also from where can i check if i have the license for DQM or not

Thanks

Vik