Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in pay : UK Payroll

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts ,

I have a query and looking forward for your expert advice

My client has increase in pay from april itself but this was not implemented yet.

Now they wish to increase the Basic pay from June onwards and compensated amount of previous months to be accounted in JUNE itself.

Here mu query is that in May , outstanding amount is 35 in may and april according new pay scale.

As, these amount should be paid in JUNE only so shall I go for additional payment ( IT0015)

Can I maintain WT of salary adjustment in June for the amounts of May and April.

Kindly advice.

I also want to include that I tried this and retro occured and I got to know thet Retro pensiona claculation has also occured.(other thread for this is also there)

PLease advice me how I need to go..

Waiting for positive revert.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Nadir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Priya

Do not modify the master data wef April & May & difference amount put in IT0015 then system will not triggered retro

you can give one time payment in IT0015 in the month of June & change the master data as per client requirement wef. July onwards

Pl. check with client that difference amount which is paid through IT0015 it NIable & pensionable etc

Thanks & Regards

Nadir Sheikh

Nadir
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Priya

If an employee has retro's going back a few months then WTs /551 & /552 are hold the difference

If you are using IT0015 with current payroll date the retro will not triggered

Pl. check the master data has changed from April or may

Without modification system will not triggered the retro

Check the LOG

Hope your client requirement is fullfill

Thanks & Regards

Nadir Sheikh

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nadir,

Yes /552 holda the difference and I could see the differece in RT table..

But how client's requirement is fullfill by this ?

Kindly let me know..

Thanks

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are running the payroll for the month of April in the month of June you can find the /551 amount(Difference between the old net pay and the current increased net pay) in the APRIL month and the MAY month under the Retro schema INNR.

Then in the month of June you can find the same amount been transferred to /552 and gets added to /560 net pay in the current month JUNE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as you have done salary adjustment it would trigger outstanding amount as difference which would be trigger retro and call each time payroll run as /551 and /552 unless it is paid (posted). hope i met ur requirement.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal...

Sorry but somehow I am not getting you..

My issue is why custom wage type retro pension came in picture? Its showing in RT table and hence it is affecting total payment.

I want to know the concept of retro pension here.. In PE51, cumulation Id WT for retro pension is mentioned n hence RT is triggereing Retro pension.

Also My major question was : Is it right to maintain 0015 infotype for back payment??

PLease advise.

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal !

I would like to again to ask one thing , although April and May payroll ahs been posted also, now if retro is occuring new payslip is generated for April and May ..

I have doubt that how June payslip will include back payment of may and june...

Kindly clarify my doubt.

Thanks alot in advance.

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im unsure of uk payroll but yes if changes have been made to the April and may for which payroll already been posted, if the retro is is still there for April and may then it would call differences in above mentioned (/551, /552) wage types and that wage types have to be posted as well .

regards

vishal

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Vishal,

I got you now.

Here issue is that my client does not want to do posting for previous month.

So can we maintain the salary adjustment in June month only and hence in payslip, cumulative amount can seen, thats what client wants.

I tried this too but dont know why Pension (custom wage type) is popped up in RT table

Please guide

Regards

Shipra

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would say IT0015 would be better option to pay the previous balance, but don't know why pension is picked up, could u check in log where it is been called followed by wagetype for balance configuration. hope this would solve your issue

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Vishal !

Actually this Pension WT is only being seen in RT log ..

I could see in PE51, Cumulation ID , this WT is maintained..

I am just not getting why this is coming in picture only for JUNE..

Is it because basic pay has increased...???

I could check cumulation class of this WT, 1,5,11,21 is maintained and processing class 1, 20, 30 ..... Can it be the reason,,,

This WT is nowhere maintained in master data as well 

Please guide again.

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried PA40 and run the action type contract change and reson change in pay..

Maintained date 01.04.2012 and hence retro occured till June...

In this case I dnt need to maintain 0015 and payroll log is not calling that retro Pension WT as well.

But If I am going for 0015 infotype and trying to maintain back pay salary adjustment the retro pension WT is getting popped up..

Somehow I am not able to meet teh requirement

Please help me with some guidelines......

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, retro pension WT is still geting calculated in RT table in both the case,,,,,

I dont know it is correct or what,,

But as per client's requirement, that amount should not be thr..

Regards

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

How are you.. If you are maintaining in infotype 0015 then we mention the date of current month to pay the amount. If we do so why the system is going for retro. Are you maintaining the 0015 from April date.

In standard retro amount will be posted in the current month only. Dont pay them through infotype 0015. When you change the pay from back dated system picks the change in old net pay and current net pay and bring forward that amount in the month of June.

One more thing ask the client how they calculate the pension amount...it is calculated on what components....what ever the amount is triggered to u in pension wage type in RT table you can analyse based on that. Why because in Indian payroll we have PF dependent on Basic pay so when retro is run we get CF PF monthly which is automatically calculated by the system.

All the best dear...

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Akula,

Thanks for help.

I tried all the options.

I really dont why system is calculating pension retro even though I mentioned cuurenr month date in 0015.

below things I tried

* Frstly I tried change of pay from april(back date) and then ran payroll., retro occured and i could see in CRT table of Current month and hence calculation in payslip was not as per the requirement.

*Secondly I tried maintaining change in pay in June and maintained 0015 with back date of april n may. Retro occured and RT table I could see the retro pension WT.

*Thirdly I tried Maintaining change in pay in June and salry adjusmnet in 0015 with June date only & ran payroll , again retro with retro pension WT(custom wage type)

****I could see Pe51, cumulation id, In payments and deduction, both the table, this WT( custom) retro pension is maintained.

****>ZRR PCR is calling this WT in RT table..

This much I could anaysed ...

Hope to get some guidelines.....

Regards

Priya