cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Export image in Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two problems with image. First whenever I save report in excel, image doesn't get displayed in excel, but it gets displayed in pdf format.

Kindly provide me with some solution

Regards,

Christine.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

I would suggest moving this question over to the Webi space on SCN found here: http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-web-intelligence

Hope that helps get you a quick answer!

Kristen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kristen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

When you save a Web Intelligence document to Excel it does not save the image to the excel document in all Prior versions of Business Objects ( XI, XIR2, XIR3). If you are working on BI 4.0 and are currently on SP2 Patch 6 you might be able to do so. Also in the previous version any header information placed in the report header of a Web Intelligence document also does not get saved to excel since excel does not recognize pages. The work around for that would be to have the header information in the Page Body of a Web Intelligence report. So currently if you are on any prior versions of business objects saving images to excel will not work.

Hope that helps

michael_jennings
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef,

Could you explaim me How the workaround works ? How I can insert the header information

in Page Body of WebIntelligence to have img on my excel file downloaded?

Best Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

MJ,

While answering, Tauseef has described two different issues that were observed in the prior versions

1. Images cannot be displayed when report saved as excel

2. Page headers cannot be displayed when report saved as excel

When he mentioned about the work around, he meant the work around for displaying the header in excel.

I guess, he should have mentioned that the workaround was for the displaying of header.