Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to start on CATS but i am really wondering where to start with.i have my time mangement in place with evaluation status 0

We have FI,PS,PM to be in place .

But i am wondering wher to stgart with CATS, what all settings needs to be done, wher to check the time sheet data, i have searched for the details in the forum but could not find any suitable solution & geeting totally confused.

Please guide me on the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

As mentioned to book the time for a very specific setting its a must that you need to have the configuration Tranx CAC1 and CAC2 in place, where after you can book time for an employee/ Time admin for an Activity.

So hoping you set the CAC1 as above screen (adding to that in worklist check with worklist). Next to book the time CAT2 do the follow screens:

CAT2 : initial screen

enter the respective Data entry profile and personnel number of the employee to whom you want to

book time. When you press enter an addition field Key Date appears in the same screen. Enter the date on which you want to book time and click on change option as shown

ignore pop-up window below

now you can book the time for an Activity in the below screen

Save the release for approval. If you have checked the option 'Release on saving' no need of manually releasing again. Next CAT4 where you need to approve the time data and release to HR master date. Use CAT6 to release the data to HR master data.

Hope its helps.

Regards,

Vivek.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks you very much for such nice expalation, i have reached till Time Sheet- data Entry Vew.

As mentioned by you i wanted to enter data in Work list But the area is not available for data input.

In the begining i have copied the profie from a standard profile which is :-

1301-PS/HR: Confirmation network (w/o checks).

Do i have to create any type of attedance type in Time Mgmt.

1 more thing the persons hiring date is 01.01.2012, i tried booking the time for 03.01.2012, but in

Time Sheet- data Entry Vew- The data entry period comes as 02.01.2012 till 29.01.2012 , where as Januay has 31 days period.

The data entry Area is having so many field for inputs, "can you please guide me which are the necessary ones".

in your screen shot how you  have managed to get the o]period as02.01.2011 till 09.01.2011 wher as i am getting  02.01.2012 till 29.01.2012.

Please Guide me on this.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek & Siva,

Please Provide some guidance.

Thanks.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct , you have to do the Attan. settings in backend.

Do you have a PS intergration , for that you have to ask the reciever WBS element from the PS consultant.

Activity type and sender cost center from Finance team.

HR side - Attand. type is required. than book the att. in CAT2.

Now you have to go the approvals --CATS_APPR_LITE , enter the pernr, execute.

select the entries and approve the timesheet.

CAT5 - PS intergration

CAT7

Before doing this steps , you have to maintain the IT315.

Thanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I have only one qestion that , we have TMSTA-0 , employee considered to be present through out the week except for absences, then why to crteate a attendance type..

Secondly PS is in place but what is the interation switch for HR-PS??

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TMSTA is used for - having the time eval or not.

if you put TMSTA = 0 , there is no time eval , TMSTA = 7 or 9 it goes to time eval.

TMSTA = 1 means , used for positivetime.

okay , without entering the att.type how you book the timesheet ?

As per knowledge, there is no integration between the HR and PS.

you have to maintain the IT27 and IT315 and Each WBS is assigned to employee position for that you have to check the relation table HRP1001. for this you have to sit with PS consultant.

Thanks

Siva

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SRS ,

Find the below screenshot.... it will be useful for you.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by Siva, you need to create the Att. type. Maintain the IT0027 and IT0315. Att. type might be needed like times EE is on-site.

Regards,

Vivek.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You are absolutely correct what i wanted to say at that time, we have negative time management means the employee is considered to be present, no time evalaution is run,thats he reason i was thinking about the use of attaindance .

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

thanks for the update, i have already maintained IT0315 but the entries are not reflecting in CATS-2.

Can you plaese guide me about the work list- what is the importance of the same.

I mean the WorkList Fields & Data entry fields both in CAT2 looks femiliar to me but with significant difference.

Should Both the WorkList Fields & Data entry fields be auto filled or mannual updation.

One more thing is that i have made the set up that i can hav 1week say,

Mon,Tue,Wed,Thus,Friday,Sat,Sun.

but is i want to manage it for 1 day but working hours wise then it that possible, say-

all the 8 working hours(9 o clock till 5o'clock) will be distributed like

9-10,10-11,11-12,-12-13,13-14,14-15,15-16,16-17.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

Yes, both the worklist fields and Data entry fields represent the same but the usage of them differ.

The Worklist field are the set for the Planned activity for that week/month set by the Manger/Time admin/ EE.(optional area to be displayed in CAT2)

The Data entry Area is the actual place where we enter the time and the particular activity which is allocated to EE (this manually done by each employee). After which EE has to save and release for approval.

Regards,

Vivek.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have maintained IT0315 & made them selected the field in CAC1, BUT STILL not able to get the default values in CAT2, Is there any thing i am missing out.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what are fields you have to maintain in IT315 ?? and IT27.

As per my understanding , if you want default the values in CAT2 , take the technical help- they will guide u.

Thanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

I have got the details & tried saving the Time Entry but system is throughing an Error-Service Does not Exists.

Please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

i went through the link but not much of help.

Actually the moment i enter the duration(defib=ned in H, total hrs 😎 , system is throwing the Error- that service does not exists..

I have tried other threads as well but ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

As you have started a new thread with continuation to this thread can please allocate marks for this.

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you also look into Time Manager's Workplace.  It is newer and has a nicer interface.  Used more for decentralized down to the manager time management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using end to end time management here. CATS will be used to maintain hours for transfer to controlling.

So need inputs why while transferring through CAT7 it is throwing ans errod "No data for transfer'' Any lead would help

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

thanks for ur guidance all this along.

These have really help me solving my issues, as this thread has belocome very lengthy i am opening some new threads for further discussion & guidance.points already awarded.

Thanks to both of you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, How the issue solved ?

I am getting the same error "No data for transfer' while transferring hours to Controlling.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Siva,

the Cost center i had 1st assigned Position wise so it came automatically from 0001.

MM_Po already is assigned with a cost center, while entering the data in Timesheet, the sender 7 receiver cost centers we can select ...i hope you are already aware of that.

Here the PO is required to buy the services of a contract employee aginst which the time booking & payment has to be done.

Now the issue is if this data is not gonning to hit CO then i am worrried how to make the payments trough FI, even not getting data for any other module as well .

Any help.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Siva, i have done the same but no data is coming.

No some things would like to add, for these specific days of work Sen.Puchase order & item & Activity number is maintained, now when i select the row & check through the magnifier ,here it shows the target component is MM.these approved time bookings are not present in CAT7 & CATSCO. i think no document for CO is getting created.

Now when i book time on a specific day without Sen.Puchase order & item & Activity number,in the magnifier it says Target componet is CO & these time booking are vaialble in CAT7 & CATSCO.

Do you have any idea hwy this is happening, please guide.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my experience and worked on sender cost center , acitivity type and wbs element , att.type but i dont know about the MM intergration.

what is the use of the sen.purchase order , item and how you integrates it ?

Pl check with MM consultant , whether the Orders are mapped properly or not.

One quick question - you are not maintaining the cost center ? how you link between pernr and MM order ?

Thanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & vivek,

I am not able to get the data in CAT7, Although i have released & approved the data, no data is available in CAT7.

Please guide.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the number of Hours entered/approved in CATS.

find the below screenshots.

pl check the dates which you have entered in CAT7.

Regards

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

aiting for your valuable inputs.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

Can you please guide me on CATM, i have been asked to integrate the service entry sheet with CATS.

how to go about it, please guide.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek & Siva,

So you mean to say that although through Tmsta-0, the employee is considered to be present & on a given date/day he has worked still, for each working day that the employee has work let say in the monthof June-20 days excluding saturday & sunday...for all the 20 working days i have to make attendance record to tell the system in CATS that this employee has really worked on these days.

Please Guide.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TMSTA = 0 , without time eval. you have to run the without time eval by using RPTQTQ00.

An employee's incapacity to work, leave, release from work, and so on can be described in more detail by a range of absence types. The system uses the absence types to determine the payment relevance of the absence and its effects on statistics and reserves,

for example.

Attendance types are primarily used to document employees' work, and typically describe the type of activity.

Attendances:

Overtime hours

Business trip

Works council activity

Thanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

Thanks a ton for such greate assistance, now i am able to view the data in CATS_APPR_LITE & CAT4,But in CAT4 if i select the Display Released Data i am not getting any data but if i select Display all days & persons i am getting the details.i am not able to understand this.

Second thing why this data is already reflecting in CATS_APPR_LITE as already Approved .

Please guide me .

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

once the data gets approved & reflects in CAT4, how to get the coasting done for the hours the employee has worked, basically these employees are contract employees, payment made on the grounds of hours they have worked.

Can you guies  guide me on the same.

One more thing all the entries made in CAT2 are reflecting in CO-CAT7 irrespective of module .

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

Sorry for the delay, can you tell what is the business process for which you configuring CATS, please share so that we can give the right inputs.

CAT4 is for approving. So as you can view the data in CAT7 I guess your data has been approved. Second- Whatever may be the type of employment if you payment its done in payroll and than to FICO. Can you check CATA for the same data.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

thanks for the update, the requirment is we have contract employees for whom we need the data in all other modules PM,PS,FI majorly.

Tha payments are drectly gonna be made through FI as client doesnt have any plans of going for PYright now may be later .

So as per the Hours emplyee worked he/she has to be paid accordingly & all the other modules need the data from CATS.

Acctualy i am not getting the way ahead, i mean i have the approved data now with me Oganization wise approval not Time admin.

Hence what all activity has to be done now to facilitate FI,PM,PS with required time data.

Please Guide me if you come across any path for this.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. All recorded time sheet data is stored in the database table for the Time Sheet, CATSDB.

2. The system automatically writes time sheet data that has the status 30 or 60 to the
        relevant interface tables.

- Human Resources (PTEX2000 and PTX2010 )

- Controlling (CATSCO)

- Plan Maintenance/Customer Service (CATSPM)

- Project System (CATSPS)

- Materials Management (CATSMM)

The system determines which data belongs in which interface tables based on the working time attributes entered for the record.

3. When the data transfer report is executed, the data is transferred from the interface tables to the corresponding target components.

Data is transferred to the from the interface tables to the following tables fro the target components:

Human Resources:  PA2001 (Absence Infotype); PA2002 (Attendance
infotypes); PA2010 (EE Remuneration Infotype).

Controlling: COBK (CO object: Document  Header)

Plan maintenance/Customer Service: AFRU (Order Completion Confirmations)

Materials Management  (Lines of Service Package)

Each of these tables contains a Key, which correspond to the BELNR (document number) field in CATSDB. The system uses this key to
form a link with the record in CATDB. The keys have the following names in tables:

PA2001, PA2002, PA2010  --> AWREF

COBK --> REFBN

AFRU --> CATSBELNR

ESLL --> BELNR

Regards

Siva

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SRS , Go thru the below content.

Regarding Plant Maintanance / project system : - If you transfer data to Plant Maintenance/Customer Service (PM/CS) or to Project Sysytem (PS), you trigger an internal activity allocation. For this reason, the data is also transafered to Controlling. If goods movements are
defined in your order, the data can also be relevant for Materials Managament (MM). If data is transafered successfully, the system writes it to the relevant tables in the target components. For PM/CS and PS the relevant table is AFRU. for controlling the table is COBK and for Materials Management they are MKPF and MSEG.

If errors occur when data is transfered to PM/CS os PS, the system stores the data containing errors
in the follwoing tables:

• Confirmations with errors: AFRH, AFRV
  • Actual cost with errors: AFRC
  • Goods movements with errors: AFFW

Once you processed the errors, the system post the data in the target components.

Regards

Siva

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SRS,

CATS process of CAT2, CAT5, CAT7 and CAT9 transactions. 

The interface tables for the TIme Sheet are used to provide time sheet data for transfer information to the corresponding traget components, like Controling, Material Management, Plant Maintenance/Customer Service and Project System.

Two other tables are important for Controlling: CATSCOSUM ( Data Transfer: Time Sheet -> Co Summarization Table) and CCATSCOSUM (Settings: Summarization Time Sheet Data -> CO). You use these tables to control how
records are summarized when filling CO documents.

I have given the details about the PM and PS, go thru the above and let me know if you have any issues.

Regards

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

1/ Thanks for such great guidance,the thing is  am not able to get any data in CATS-6 Transfer to HR,Nothing is coming .altough i dont have any absence Or attaindances but the employee remunaration has to be taken care through CATS so i need the data but nothing is coming.

2/ You have guided me to check couple of table, but what is the T-Code for the same, i tried through SM-30, but its throwing an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

You need not use the CAT6 T-code, as you don't have the HR related data to be transferred. We have the T-code CATA which would transfer the data to all the integrated modules with the relevant data that is maintained in CAT2.

In previous explanation by Siva you can transfer specifically on module based CAT5, CAT7, CAT9, CATM so in-spite of all that T-codes you have CATA. If you find no data transfer in particular module than you have something configuration missing/error in backend.

Regards,

Vivek.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vivek thanks for the update, its really been a greate help from both of you.thanks again.

Now would like to know one thing.

1/ i have once asked this thing- when the employee is working on any specific working day of a week, why do we need to create a attendance data for the same,what is the significance of attandance & absence type.

2/  I have not maintained attandance & absence type still i want to give  the employee salary for the time period he/she has worked but system is not pemitting me for the same.

Plese Guide.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple SRS ,

where you entering the att.hours ( in cat2 with help of att.type), if you want to show the att.hours in master data i.e IT2002, you have to acitivate the check box in cats_appr trnx.

that means , transfer the att.hours from CAT2 to HR master data(IT2002).

if you have the payroll integration , you have to tranfer the no.of hours to PY.

Reg

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Siva, we dont have PY right now, Payments need to be taken care through FI.

Can you please tell me what is the use of maintaining attendance,when the employee is already working on a working day.

If i want to transfer the data to HR without any Att/Absnc type but only for remunaration , is that going to be possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS, If you have Time Management (+ve or -ve) you can run the time evaluation and check the difference in log. If you want to update the time data you need the Attendance type to e maintained. Apart from that you are just entering the CATS is a Data entry where you are specifically telling the what work/task was assigned/completed/processed by that employee. CATS is only a part of Time Management.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes , Correct Vivek ..It is valid.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS, Thank you and coming to you new thread working on it and shall get back to you very soon.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

Nowi am able to save the hours against the specifications.

But now what is the way forward, i mean when i go to

CATS_APPR_LITE    

CAT4

CAT5

CAT6

CAT7

I am not able to get the data any where.

Please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

You need to release the data that you entered in CAT2, then only you can see the entries in CATS_APPR_LITE or CAT4 for approval.

Could you please also share the solution for the problem you had saving the CAT2 "Service does not exist".

Revert if you have any issues.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have Released & Saved the entry but system still not showing any thing CATS_APPR_LITE or CAT4.

Please guide.

Regarding the Second thing i really dont get it i mean i asked the SD,MM consultant to chek & do there entries then when i checked it was working fine,

Even i also did not get the exact solution.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

Should be released the time entries in cat2.

Goto tranx - CATS_APPR -- this is for the cats approvals ..

Note :-(If you have a ESS no need to go the cats approvals, emp book the att in ess that time sheet goes to his manager (MSS) , manager has approved the TS)

CATS_APPR -- Enter the pernr , Check the processing status it should be 20 and if you want to transfer the time sheet information to master data then activite the check box on "Imm transfer to HR".

execute , select all the entires and approve the time sheet.

CAT5 - tranfer to PS

enter the pernr and date

CAT6 - transfer time data to HR

transfer to IT2002 and IT2010 and IT2003..

CAT7 -- Transfer to controlling..

NOTE - how to resolve the timesheet issue in CAT2 ?

Regards

Siva

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to release the timesheet two times.

Select the record , in down 2nd tab  "Release view" click on that.

second - In application tool bar you can find out the Unlock symbol , click on that and save it.

check the cats_appr , which processing status you have to maintain , you should maintain only 20 ..

Thanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the guidance.

Now the case is i am not able to view the released data in any other transaction except CAT7.

Transfer to controling.

Other thing is we dont have ESS/MSS, so how the approval is gonna work.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & Vivek,

Waiting for up value guidance, I am not able to view the released data in any other T-Code Except CAT7, here it is coming as data approved where as i have not done any approval till now.

In CATS_APPR_LITE , i have selected the Org.Stracture,the key date & Processing Statue still not able to get the data for approval.

How come the data is coming as approved till now i have not maintained a Attaindance type as well.

please guide.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for late response ...

Select the Key date (should be which date are u in booked the time sheet in CAT2)

Enter the pernr

Check the processing status should be in 20.

Note : check the status 30 , if it is already released entries.

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have done it in CAT2 screen- down 2nd tab  "Release view" click on that. In application tool bar you clicked on Unlock symbol and save it. Then did the system respond "1 item has been released".

If that is done you can get the data to CAT4 / CATS_APPR_LITE.Check if you have checked-in the option Release on saving and Immediate transfer to HR in CAC1.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SRS ,

Please find the below information.

CATS Transaction codes :

CAC1

CAC2

CAT2

CATS_APPR_LITE    

CAT4

CAT5

CAT6

CAT7

CATA

Data base tables are ,

CATSDB

CATSCO

CATSPS

1) first of all , you have to config the cats profile by using tranx CAC1 , if any approvals , ask to workflow consultant and get the Task id, assign into profile.

you have to discuss with FICO guys and get he cost center, acivity type

and discuss with PS consultant and get the reciever WBS element.

Our part , config. the att.type in time side.

2) go to transaction - CAT2 and enter the time sheet based on above details.

3) trans: CATS_APPR and approve timesheet

if you want transfer the att.hours to hr master data (IT2002),

you have to active the checkbox under HR TIme

4) process CAT5,CAT6 and CAT7

THanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for the update.

1/ First of all , you have to config the cats profile by using tranx CAC1 , if any approvals , ask to workflow consultant and get the Task id, assign into profile.

Can you please guide me on the same, what is all about these profiles & what all are the integration switches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned CAC1 and CAC2 would be first and second (back-end setting for the CATS work sheet that would be displayed in CAT2)

In CAC1 you set the process in which need to check the boxes that are necessary and assign the authorization in general settings.

In time setting you can set the display of the no. of calendar days/weeks that you want to view in the CAT2 screen.

Personnel Selection you have the option of selecting/assignment of the profile by org.unit, personnel no., cost center.

In approval you have With and without approval procedure, where you can also assign the work flows by getting the task ID.

Data Entry checks would also help you in having any collision with other HR master data like absences, attendance, etc.,

In CAC2 you have to check-in the fields that are needed in the CAT2.

Regards,

Vivek.

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SRS ,

Task - Workflow consultant has provide to us ,

The best example of this , time sheet approvals and leave approvals - based on this we have to set up the task ids.

Thanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the update.

I tried with the following

Cross-Application Components>>TimeSheet >>
Specific Settings for CATS for service providers>>
Set Up Data Entry Profiles.

Here when i try to creat 1 entry it gives me hell lot of options to fill in.

Cam u guies please help me understanding the same.

Regarding--

Task - Workflow consultant has provide to us ,

The best example of this , time sheet approvals and leave approvals - based on this we have to set up the task ids.

It is necessary to have these Ids i mean  The task workflow is required to be there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you entry into the Data Entry Profile, you need to map your requirement accordingly with the options provided in the screen. All the data entry options reflect the front-end screen(CAT2). So, Check the option that are required and it is not mandatory to give all the entries.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SRS ,

Work flow task is mandatory for timesheet approvals and leave approvals. for that you have to ask with workflow consultant.

Important point is - the purpose of the CATS is Portal (ESS/MSS).

example : - employee timesheet approved by manger , employee absence are approved by manager.

the process of this - In Org.structure , give the relationship (position to position)

maintain the profile by using transaction CAC1 , here we have to give the task id and att/abs -save it.

employee who does have access ESS -- book their att. in portal itself

employee who does have access CATS - book their att. in CAT2,and approvals - CATS_APPR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the Profile - better you have to take f1 help .

2)CAT2 , enter the empl no and profile

here we can see the acivity type, receiver wbs element, att.type and no.of hours , book the att.accordingly

3)cats_appr -- approve the timesheet and the mandate step is you have to check the status 10,20 and 30

if you want transfer the att.hours to HR master data - check the box "HR MASTER "

4) if yu have any integration between PS -- CAT5

controlling  CAT7

5) you have to check the database tables , SE11 -- catsdb , catsco and catsps

Hope you understand this....

Thanks

Siva

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Siva & Vivek,

Thank you very much for all the guidance.

See for the time being i want to book the the time of an employee or an employee/ time admin should be able to book the time for different activities(Only Activities) that he has performed in a days time & the data may come from PS,PM .

Here right now i dont hve ESS/MSS or any approval going to be there the sole sole purpose is to segregate the activities & get the hours contributed by employees for the desired activities.

Nw when i chek the documents avialble for CATS & the discussions available for CATS all are very vast & requires a hell lot of config, which i done want to do right now , i have a single need to capture the time through CATS in a simple way.

Can you please guide & help me on the same.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

Please guide me on the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRS,

As said earlier even though you are not ESS/MSS and workflows you need to configure some back end setting CAC1 and CAC2. Which are the exact field and process that you require like mentioned above Activities list, Project, Project Description, etc.,

So, do the following steps:

CAC1 :

After this goto CAC2 and click on Data entry profile=> influencing=> Enter you profile and check the fields that are to be hidden, mandatory, input, only display

Hope all your PM/PS configuration at place before getting on to CATS.

Regards,

Vivek.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

thanks for such valuable input, this is where i am getting confused as i am not getting any clear idea which all areas to be selected & what all are its uses.

Second the naming convention which i could see is bit confusing.....can you guide me in the naming of the entries.

What are the next config steps to be followed after this. how the date from PS Pm going to reflect & how to manage the same.can you please guide me on that too.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Explaining all the steps would be very long and may not be possible with the screens. Please revert me for the specific points to explain you better.

For each step in Cats you have the documentation provided by SAP. If you find any issue revert back.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

thanks for the update. The thig is i am not going for entire CATS SETTINGS.

For the time being i have very specific setting to be done i want to book the the time of an employee or an employee/ time admin should be able to book the time for different activities(Only Activities) that he has performed in a days time & the data may come from PS,PM .

So the customization you have forwarded what should be the next few steps.

if you can provide me the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We like this report transaction too

CATS_DA

Helle

c4terin4
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am struggling to use CATS_DA, I am using the receiver account tat assgmt tab and using the WBS element and/or the network form the projects, but upon clicking execute I get the message "No data Found".

CJI3 find the h booked for the project and for the network.. what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

anne-petteroe
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hello Caterina, While we're happy that you've come to SAP Community to get an answer to your question, you posted your question as an answer in an old thread.I've converted your answer to a comment, but even so -- posting in older threads is not the best way to get guidance.If you're looking for help, you should ask a new question: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.Kind regards,

Anne