cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS EHP5 error - MESSAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN in CL_POBJ_CASE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all,

We are in the process of implementing ESS using the NWBC. However we're seeing MESSAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN errors in several web dynpro applications, including HRESS_A_PERSINFO and HRESS_A_PAYSLIP.

·         The following error text was processed in system XXX : Message type is unknown.

·         The error occurred on the application server ciXXX_XXX_40 and in the work process 9 .

·         The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

·         The ABAP call stack was:
Method: IF_POBJ_CASE~CREATE_CASE of program CL_POBJ_CASE==================CP
Method: CREATE_LEVEL_DB of program CL_POBJ_LEVEL=================CP
Method: FLUSH_LINKED_LEVEL of program CL_POBJ_LEVEL=================CP
Method: FLUSH_COMMON of program CL_POBJ_LEVEL=================CP
Method: IF_POBJ_LEVEL_TRANS_HANDLING~FLUSH of program CL_POBJ_LEVEL=================CP
Method: IF_POBJ_LEVEL_TRANS_HANDLING~FLUSH of program CL_POBJ_LEVEL1================CP
Method: IF_POBJ_PROCESS_OBJECT~FLUSH of program CL_POBJ_PROCESS_OBJECT========CP
Function: HR_SSC_CREATE_SERVICE_OBJECT of program SAPLHRSSC00TRACKING
Method: IF_HRSSC00_TRACKING_DATA~CREATE_SERVICE_OBJECT of program CL_SSC00_TRACKING_DATA========CP
Method: SET_BTRACKING of program CL_HRESS_EMPLOYEE_SERVICES====CP

The failure occurs in method IF_POBJ_CASE~CREATE_CASE. I've tried all sorts of things - changes to SICF services, activating/reactivating the services, security adjustments (including SAP_ALL access added).

The method cl_scmg_case_api=>create returns a return code 1 (Failed). It is not authorization-related.

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sagarjoshi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

It looks like you have activated the data tracking of services V_T5SSCSWITCHON.

Are you sure you need this settings?

If yes then most likely cause may be missing authorizations which may be leading to such a dump.

Please check role SAP_ASR_EMPLOYEE_SR_HCM_CI_3 and check for authorizations under  Cross Application objects. Check for case and records management authorization.

You can use the tool POBJ_TESTTOOL to test if your user has authorizations for creating tracking Case records. In this tool Select Consumer ID = "XSS"

Press create to a create to create a test object

Press Flush

You may be able to debug what is the reason if it fails.

If you cant solve then may be you raise Support ticket.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sagar!

Yes, I had the data tracking activated and that was causing the issue. I did not see the connection until you indicated it. I turned it off for now, since it was causing such widespread issues with our ESS project.

The problem is not authorization - thanks for the thought on POBJ_TESTTOOL as well as referencing the ESS P&F role. But even with full authorizations I'm getting the runtime error. And the Case Create method fails with a return code = FAILED, not failed due to authorization.

I opened a message with SAP earlier. You should get extra credit - the message was opened on 5/25 and they haven't provided me with any assistance thus far. Hopefully they'll be able to provide more details on the problem, once they get to it. If so, I'll post a complete resolution at that time.

Thanks again!

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Did you figure out what the issue was or perhaps get a response from SAP ? We are facing the exact same issue for ESS Personal Info. Works fine when the switch in V_T5SSCSWITCHON is off. Gives Message type is unknown dump when the data tracking switch is ON.

Thanks ,

Virag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virag,

Below are the things to check:

1. Have you set up V_T5SSCTRACKXSS?

You can find more information at:

http://help.sap.

com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/da/75c24b75794d76b68b35c08d3c0688/frameset.htm

2. Have you created a number range for the Case Record?

> tx. SCASE_CUSTOMIZING

> Define Case Types

> Select Case Type H_SS (standard configuration => RMS_ID SSC_SERV)

> Check the information on field "Int.No.Range"

> Make sure in tx. SCASE_NUMBERRANGE there is a number range for this.

In standard the interval is "01". If this not created, please create.

3. Test the Case creation. You can find the steps in our external Wiki:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/74FRCw

But for Data tracking you need to select Consumer ID = "XSS: Self

Services"

Regards.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Jay said.

Answers (0)