cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter Generation - Offer Letter or Appointment Letter - SAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

As per the client requirement, we have to generate offer letter and appointment letter both through SAP.

Can you please help me with the detailed step by step by process so that I can also generate the letter here. From all the discussions that I have read, letter generation is happening in Tcode - SO10, but once we reach this screen how to proceed Im not understanding.

Regards,

Bijoy Devassy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And you can also call the same letter to trigger an automatic e-mail through the feature - "M0001"

In this feature you will define the letter name, then receiver name, etc.

This e-mail can be triggered through a dynamic action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Followed the steps as per your suggestion, can you please provide me with your valuable inputs and rectify me wherever rectifications required.. Below I have mentioned the flow that I followed with screen shots..

Letter configured in SO10

Step follwed:

1. Clicked on Program Symbols
  2. Selected the form – Applicant Selection
  3. Clicked on button “DDIC Fields”
  4. Selected Applicant Master
  5. Finally selected the field Applicant Name
  6. Similar step was followed to reach “Position” as well

Assigning the configured letter in SO10 to “Feature – M0001

Creating a rule in “Dynamic Action” – (Navigation Followed: Recruitment>>Dialog Controls>>Dynamic action in Recruitment>>Create dynamic action)

Just want to check with you the following:

1. Whether the rule that I have written is correct, if not can you please correct me
  2. Whether the assigning of Feature is correct, if not pls correct me
  3. Whether the methodology followed in configuring letter in SO10 is correct.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

I am unable to view the screenshots as they are not clear, please provide me clear view of those screens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Just click on the image.. its getting enlarged.. I tried it, its happening fine..

Regards,

Bijoy Devassy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

For your reference..

Letter configured in SO10

Step follwed:

1. Clicked on Program Symbols
  2. Selected the form – Applicant Selection
  3. Clicked on button “DDIC Fields”
  4. Selected Applicant Master
  5. Finally selected the field Applicant Name
  6. Similar step was followed to reach “Position” as well

Assigning the configured letter in SO10 to “Feature – M0001”

Creating a rule in “Dynamic Action” – (Navigation Followed: Recruitment>>Dialog Controls>>Dynamic action in Recruitment>>Create dynamic action)

Regards,

Bijoy Devassy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

For screen shot -1 the Change is:   

&PTXT1-ENAME&

For screen shot -2 there is a correction:

The feature is MAILS but not M0001

M0001 - For Personnel Administration

MAILS - For Recruitment

So Please maintain MAILS feature as below.

You use the T-code: PBAT, to print / trigger these activities.

For screen shot -3 :

For recruitment you need not to define any dynamic actions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

If you can understand how a letter will be designed then it is very easy to create a new one.

Every letter is intended to trigger for someone (Who so ever the applicant/ candidate is).

So It has no particular for someone.

Still It must create an impression to an applicant that It is written to him/her especially.

So the system must pick the necessary details of an applicant to address him. As per the client requirement the necessary fields must be picked and the related content must be brought into the letter.

Say for example: (Below is a sample letter)

Dear Joy,

You application against XYZ position has been received and this is an acknowledgement for your application.

Your applicant ID is: 12345678

In above case the system must address the name of the applicant as "JOY", position as "XYZ" and the application ID as "12345678".

As the information of the applicant is saved in field of Infotype, we call the respective fields from Infotypes to get the values of those respective fields.

Please try to read and understand a simple letter format by taking a letter at "SO10".

I will give you a clear idea with an example later.

Hope this will helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bijoy,

i had configured the Appointement letter basic steps.

How ever you also need an Abaper's help to create SMart Form for the Appointment letter.(Format to be provided to you by your Client.)

Also you need to have a Driver program to execute and generate Appointement letter.(smart form)

Basic Stpes to create Appointment Letter :

1.)   1.)Create a New Position. Go to TCODE : PPOM_OLD

Go to Organizational Unit and Write HITL and press enter. Go to that Sub area and select where Person is to be appointed.

2.)    Select the Organizational Unit/Dept. where Position is to be created. Say I select Sales-Central Sales (o means Org unit.) Then Go to Staff Assignments and Select id of that Department i.e. 50001287 and go to Positions then Create Jobs and enter the Position which needs to be created. Say Deputy Manager-DM-Central Sales. Then save twice.

3.) Now after Position has been created, select id of that New Position created i.e. 50004956 and go to Goto option from Menu bar and select Account Assignment, Again go to Account Assignment features and enter all the values as shown below and save.

4.) 

4.) Press F3 and go back to main menu.

5.) 

5.) Now Go Create Vacancy Option through TCODE : PO13 and select Position ID of that Central Sales created in PPOM_OLD Tcode. id of DM of Central sales  is 50004956 and Press enter.

6.)Select Vacancy Info type from the Screen as below and Press Create.

Next Screen will appear and now Save this vacancy. Record will be created.

7.)   7.)  Go to Applicant Actions through TCODE : PB40

Select Process Applicant and go to Execute.

8.)    Enter All the relevant details in this screen as shown below and Press save.

9.)   An Applicant Number will be Auto Generated by the system, say 10036 and press save.

10.) System automatically diverts to Next Screen and enter that Vacancy id which was created in PO13 against a Position created in Central Sales for DM.

11.) Enter Vacancy assign stat and Status reason as below and Save.

12.) Next screen of Create organizational Assignment appears on Saving. Enter Personnel subarea HO-Mohali, Personnel officer as V Shiva Rao and Business Type i.e. WLN or HYBRID etc.

13.) Next Screen of Create Personal data appears.

14.) Next screen of Create Address appears

Save all entries and an Applicant is entered in SAP.

15.) Go to Option Applicant Offer Letter and enter Applicant Number for Calculating CTC. Enter Offer Date Pay scale Group and Click option Add Basic Pay Row and enter Monthly Salary Figure say 17000 and Press Save. Press F3.

* This is to be created by Abaper .

16.) Go to Print Offer Letter. Enter details as asked by the Automatic Form and press F8. Enter LP01 and click Print Preview and Appointment Letter is generated.

* This is to be created by Abaper .

regards,

puja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puja,

Solution that you have provided is from the perspective of the end user..

What I I wanted to know is how we can actually configure Letter (letters could be offer letter, appointment letter etc.). Once we configure letter, how we can map it to the respective module or Tcode or Infotype..

By reading multiple threads I understood that letter can be configured using "Tcode - SO10", but once we reach in this particular screen how to continue is what I dont know..

Anyhowz thanks for the effort..

Regards,

Bijoy Devassy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i told earlier also, Letters like appointment letter or offer letter must be created using Smart form if you wan't pdf format.This will developed by the abaper.

But if your wan't to use tcode SO10, then it will create a simple format(not pdf),there are many options already availiable in Standard which are already created.

Go to tcode SO10 PRESS F4 and you can view the texts created in Standard.

however if you wan;t to create your own.

then follow below steps

To create your own Text-ID,

Call transaction

SE75 -> Text Object and IDs -> Change -> Create(F5).

Plz note in any case you will require the help of an Abaper to do coding for the same.

regards,

puja