Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled based scheduling

former_member719672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have some reports which we wants to get triggered after the load completion. We want 1 report to be based on the Event based scheduling and rest of the reports to be scheduled based event, once the event based report is completed. In order to achive this we created 1 file based event and 1 schedule based event.  We scheduled the event based report at 11:05 Am based on the a file test.txt and the schedule event to trigger. And the other report we scheduled based on the schedule event at 11:15 Am. Even though the file based event schedule got successful the scheduled based event did not get triggered at 11:05.

I am not able to understand the mistake which I am making. Can someone please help me how to achive this?

Many thanks!!!

Regards,
Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

graham_sturmy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For an schedule to be triggered by and event it needs to be in a Pending state.  To be in a pending state it needs to have been scheduled to run for a time BEFORE you expect the event to occur.

i.e. If you expect your first report to complete at 11:05.  The report for which you are using the scheduled event would need to be set to run, for example, at 11:04.

If you set it to run at 11:15 but the previous schedule completes at 11:05 then the schedule event will be triggered before 11:15.  The secondary report will then go to pending at 11:15 at will wait for the NEXT occurrance of the schedule event which occurs after this time.

The solution.  Set the run time for all your reports in the 'chain' to be the same time as the 'master' report (the one based on the file event).  They will then run when the master report completes - assuming the appropriate success/failure of the report as defined as the trigger.

Regards,

Graham

Answers (0)