cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUN-248005 Ensure that the network, web server, and service are running properly.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I built my job however I am getting the error below.

RUN-248005     6/11/2012 12:35:25 PM     There is no response for the web service Ensure that the network, web server, and service are running properly. Also ensure that the service client call time out is set properly.

I searched the forums but I couldn't find any solution. My web services is broadcasting on the internet and is "https" written in .net. I am not getting this error with "http" web services. My DS server is not behind a proxy. I even downloaded and installed on the server where DS is installed, but without any luck, I keep getting this error.

When I invoke the web service on the browser or another web service tool, I get reply from web service without any problem.

Has anyone any idea on this?

I appreciate your answers and thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor

This issue was solved. The problem was the version of DS.

Many thanks to Manoj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Zahid Yener, i have same problem, version SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.0 SP2 Patch 4,

- Designer 14.0.2

- i need update version of DS ?

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the beginning we had this issue and we were working on DS 4.0 SP2 (I don't remember the patch level). After that, I installed a fresh DS 4.0 with SP3 it started working. We also made this work on DS 12.2.3.5 (also called DS 3.2) version which is previous version of DS. It is probably a bug with the version you have.

This is the version we are using right now and works without problems:

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, oh no, i have DS 4.0 SP2 , and now i must instal DS 4.0 SP3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

please do not apply the SP3, the issue that you are running into is different that this, the error message is generic, in his case there was no requirement for signing of the message only requirement was to pass the WSS username and password

the issue that you are seeing is with the signing of the message

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah you're right, i need signing the message, what i have to do ? i confused now, configure axis2.xml, policy.xml, where write certs and keys ... one same error  :

<AL_ERROR_MSG>&lt;S:Fault xmlns:ns4=&quot;http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><faultcode>S:MustUnderstand</faultcode><faultstring>MustUnd... headers:[{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd}Security] are not understood&lt;/fault</AL_ERROR_MSG>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry to mention in the beginning that my job is based on a web service. I am trying to invoke the web service and get an answer from it.

I can call the web service without a problem.

former_member275696
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Take a look at the KBA 1669260. Hope this helps.

-George

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response and answer. I am trying to configure SSL for Web Service data stores according your SAP note. However, I am having trouble with this one issue "policy.xml" file. I am following Data Integrators Guide to achieve this. My system is Data Services 4.0 SP2

On page 55-56 of Data Integrators Guide there mentions the "policy.xml" file and downloading a copy of  rampart/c and opening the samples/secpolicy.

My questions are:

1. Where can I find that rampart/c?

2. How can I configure this policy.xml file?

I am not really familiar with SSL and policy.xml.

former_member275696
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is the web services using WS-Security (WSS)?

Regards,

George

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The publisher is not using WS-Security. So, I configured only SSL in the guide as you said. After I did that, my error message change to the message below:

RUN-248003 Creation of web service client for the web service failed. Check log file /log/axis2_log.txt

I checked the log file "axis2_log.txt", but it was empty. Nothing was in that file. I searched it but couldn't find information on this. I found one and that said:

"In my data store I was pointing to the wrong config folder. When I pointed to the DS folder webservice-c the job completed successfully."

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=736376

My data store is pointing the right axis2.xml file. I am sure of that.

My axis2.xml is like below:

<axisconfig name="Axis2/C">

<!-- ================================================= -->

<!-- Parameters -->

<!-- Uncomment following to enable MTOM support globally -->

<!--parameter name="enableMTOM" locked="false">true</parameter-->

<!-- Set the suitable size for optimum memory usage when sending large attachments -->

<!--parameter name="MTOMBufferSize" locked="false">10</parameter-->

<!--parameter name="MTOMMaxBuffers" locked="false">1000</parameter-->

<!--parameter name="EnableMTOMServiceCallback" locked="false">true</parameter-->

<!--parameter name="attachmentDIR" locked="false">/path/to/the/attachment/caching/dir/</parameter-->   

<!--parameter name="MTOMCachingCallback" locked="false">/path/to/the/caching_callback</parameter-->

<!--parameter name="MTOMSendingCallback" locked="false">/path/to/the/sending_callback</parameter-->

<!-- Enable REST -->

<parameter name="enableREST" locked="false">true</parameter>

<!-- Uncomment following to persist op_ctx, useful with RM -->

<!--parameter name="persistOperationContext" locked="false">true</parameter-->

<!--if you want to extract the service archive file and work with that please uncomment this-->

<!--else , it wont extract archive file or does not take into consideration if someone drop-->

<!--exploded directory into /service directory-->

<!--<parameter name="extractServiceArchive" locked="false">true</parameter>-->

<!-- Message Receivers -->

<!-- This is the Deafult Message Receiver for the Request Response style Operations -->

<!--messageReceiver mep="INOUT" class="axis2_receivers"/-->

<!-- Transport Ins -->

<transportReceiver name="http" class="axis2_http_receiver">

<parameter name="port" locked="false">6060</parameter>

<parameter name="exposeHeaders" locked="true">false</parameter>

</transportReceiver>

<transportReceiver name="https" class="axis2_http_receiver">

<parameter name="exposeHeaders" locked="true">false</parameter>

</transportReceiver>

<!--transportReceiver name="tcp" class="axis2_tcp_receiver">

</transportReceiver-->

<!-- Transport Outs -->

<transportSender name="http" class="axis2_http_sender">

<parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>

<parameter name="xml-declaration" insert="false"/>

<!--parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter-->

<!--parameter name="HTTP-Authentication" username="" password="" locked="true"/-->

<!--parameter name="PROXY" proxy_host="127.0.0.1" proxy_port="8080" proxy_username="" proxy_password="" locked="true"/-->

</transportSender>

<!-- Uncomment the following with appropriate parameters to enable the SSL transport sender.

Also make sure that the appropriate transport receiver is enabled above.-->

<transportSender name="https" class="axis2_http_sender">

<parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>

<!--parameter name="xml-declaration" insert="false"/-->

</transportSender>

<parameter name="SERVER_CERT">C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\ext\webservice-c\EPDK.cer</parameter>

<!--parameter name="KEY_FILE">/path/to/client/certificate/chain/file</parameter-->

<!--parameter name="SSL_PASSPHRASE">passphrase</parameter-->

<!-- Uncomment this one with the appropriate papameters to enable the TCP transport Sender-->

<!--transportSender name="tcp" class="axis2_tcp_sender">

<parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">TCP</parameter>

<parameter name="xml-declaration" insert="false"/>

</transportSender-->

<!-- Global Modules  -->

<!-- Comment this to disable Addressing -->

<module ref="addressing"/>

<!--module ref="rampart"/-->

<!--Configuring module , providing paramters for modules whether they refer or not-->

<!--<moduleConfig name="addressing">-->

<!--<parameter name="addressingPara" locked="false">N/A</parameter>-->

<!--</moduleConfig>-->

<!-- Phases  -->

<phaseOrder type="inflow">

<!-- System pre defined phases       -->

<phase name="Transport"/>

<phase name="PreDispatch"/>

<phase name="Dispatch"/>

<phase name="PostDispatch"/>

<!--phase name="Security"/-->

<!-- End system pre defined phases       -->

<!-- After PostDispatch phase, module or service author can add any phase as required  -->

<!-- User defined phases could be added here -->

<!--phase name="userphase1"/-->

</phaseOrder>

<phaseOrder type="outflow">

<!--system predefined phase-->

<phase name="MessageOut"/>

<!--phase name="Security"/-->

</phaseOrder>

<phaseOrder type="INfaultflow">

</phaseOrder>

<phaseOrder type="Outfaultflow">

<phase name="MessageOut"/>

</phaseOrder>

</axisconfig>

Any idea?

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also noticed in "axis2.xml" in transportReceiver tags have ports. By default, these ports are set to "6060" but when I telnet this port 6060, I cannot connect which means it is not open. Is there another port? or Do I need to change it to something else? Because I searched and some people said 8443 port needs to be open for Tomcat. Any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are modifying default axis2.xml (the one that exists in %LINK_DIR%\ext\webservice-c folder then you don't have to set the Axis2c Config file path parameter in Datastore, remove that

Other thing is uncomment the following in HTTPS  transport sender why did you comment this out

<!-- parameter name="xml-declaration" insert="false"/ --> 

did you save the certificate in base64 encoded format (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\ext\webservice-c\EPDK.cer) ?

you can get the server certificate from the vendor who is providing the webservice or you can also download the certificate from the browser and save it in base64 binary encoded format to a file and use that

if you have fire fox, then on the left side before the URL Address bar there will be icon, click on view certificate, select the details tab and click on export, in the dialog box, select the Save as type X.509 Certificate with chain (PEM), you can save this with any name on your macihne

if you have IE , then click on the lock icon next to address bar, view the certificate, and export, select the base64 binary format, only thing is in IE I didn't find a option to save the certificate chain, so you will have to click on each certificate in the chain and save to different file and once all are saved append all the certificates to one file

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I removed axis2.xml file path from the Datastore and I uncommented the line below from transportSender.

<!-- parameter name="xml-declaration" insert="false"/ -->

TransporReceiver:

TransportReceiver.png

TransportSender:

My Certificate:

My certificate islike the one above. It exported it with 64 based binary format.

I am still receiving the same error. This is just driving me crazy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

run the job from command line using al_engine and pass -np -D additional argument, this will generate %LINK_DIR%\log\axis2_log.txt file check that log file for errors

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you please help me how to run the job on the command line? I think I am making a mistake when running the job on the command line.

c:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\bin> al_engine -Umyuser -Pmypass -NsecEnterprise -Smyserver -Qmyrepo -np -D

Former Member
0 Kudos

al_engine -U<DS Repo DB UserName> -P<DS Repo DB Password> -N<DatabaseType> -S<ConnectionString> -Q<DB Name in case of SQL Server or Sybase else don't pass> -s<JobName> -D -np

-N - can be Oracle, Microsoft_SQL_Server, MySQL, DB2 or Sybase

-S - pass tnsname.ora entry name if oracle, DB Server Hostname in case of SQL Server, Interface name in case of Sybase, DB2 Instance name in case od DB2

Pass -Q only if the DB Type is SQL Server

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the log file I got the following message:

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\engine\phase.c(121) axis2_handler_t *request_uri_based_dispatcher added to the index 0 of the phase Transport

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\engine\phase.c(121) axis2_handler_t *addressing_based_dispatcher added to the index 1 of the phase Transport

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\engine\phase.c(121) axis2_handler_t *rest_dispatcher added to the index 0 of the phase Dispatch

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\engine\phase.c(121) axis2_handler_t *soap_message_body_based_dispatcher added to the index 1 of the phase Dispatch

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\engine\phase.c(121) axis2_handler_t *soap_action_based_dispatcher added to the index 2 of the phase Dispatch

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\engine\phase.c(121) axis2_handler_t *dispatch_post_conditions_evaluator added to the index 0 of the phase PostDispatch

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\engine\phase.c(121) axis2_handler_t *context_handler added to the index 1 of the phase PostDispatch

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\deployment\conf_builder.c(233) No custom dispatching order found. Continue with the default dispatching order

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [debug] ..\..\src\core\deployment\conf_builder.c(378) Module addressing found in axis2.xml

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [error] ..\..\src\core\deployment\conf_builder.c(876) Specifyingservices and modules directories using axis2.xml but path of the library directory is not present

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [error] ..\..\src\core\deployment\conf_builder.c(261) Processing transport senders failed, unable to continue

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [error] ..\..\src\core\deployment\dep_engine.c(939) Populating Axis2 Configuration failed

[Mon Jun 18 23:14:28 2012] [error] ..\..\src\core\deployment\conf_init.c(195) Loading deployment engine failed for client repository C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\ext\webservice-c\axis2.xml

I am checking the path of my certificate it is in the right place. My certificate is Base-64 encoded X.509(.CER).  However, I don't understand which library DS is looking for. Where can I find the path of that library?

I also attached my axis2.xml file and certificate. I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the certificate and axis2.xml are fine, DS is not able to create the wwebservice client so it's not even reaching to a point where it will use the cerrtificate

what are the sub-folders you see under following folder ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\ext\webservice-c

you should see lib and modules

these 2 sub folders will have the DLL's needed by DS

if these sub folders are missing then copy these folder from any other DS installation of the same version

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have these files present and DLLs inside them. Do you think DLLs are corrupted for some reason? If they are, then I am going to have fresh installation of DS and see what is going on.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have installed a brand new Data Services on the new Windows 2008 R2 server. I am receiving the exact same error . This is just driving me crazy.

Do you have another idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

since it's Windows 2008 not sure if this could be related to UAC

is it possible for you to file a case with support for this ? I will have to look at your env

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am working with DS on the server with administrator account. This shouldn't be a problem with UAC, should it?

We didn't open a case but we contacted with SAP today and they will be looking into this problem as well. We are not able to raise a case right now because the customer is in the process of buying this product if this https based jobs work.

I really appreciate your help and thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you also check the following once again (you already mentioned that you have done this but just wnat to be sure)

In the Datastore screen shot that you have attched earlier, you have the Axis2/C config file path as below

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\ext\webservice-c\axis2.xml

can you check if this parameter value is set to nothing (empty) , if you want to set this then it should only be upto the folder name

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\ext\webservice-c

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried this again today in both servers but nothing changed. I am still receiving the same error. I think this won't work. I am on the verge of giving up on this. I wonder if SAP will have solution for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

who in SAP are you discussing this issue with ? can you have them contact me since you can't create a case with support I would like to take a look at your env, this looks like some configuration issue

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it possible that we can talk on private? because I don't want to give names here. I also forwarded your reply to people at SAP.