cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding off in Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem in rounding off in quantity during PO creation., usually done via PR adoption. The PR has a unit of measure in grams and when converted to PO it is in KG. However; the system is returning an error message saying that material in requisition already ordered in full.

For example:

PR quantity is 67,972.713 grams and PO has converted it to 67, 913 KG.

The material is without MRP views and has no or left blank in round profile in purchasing info record. Please suggest a solution for this.  Thanks.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182673
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If . is your decimal separator, which looks like the case, then the KG quantity should be 67.973  and not 67,913 which actually means the quantity in KG is same as that of quantity in G. Check this part?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rameesh,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I created a new PR with quantity 54,999.77 grams and when it converted to PO. it automatically became 55. My default decimal notation is X 1,234,567.89 in su01. No Rounding profile maintained in info record nor MRP views are maintained and I'm still getting Materials for requisition already ordered in full.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in PO it is 55 KG since we have maintained that order unit is in KG. fyi.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

System's behavior if correct , since 55kg >54,999.77 g , it is issuing error. And since system cannot store 54.99977 kg  it is rounding of to 55 kg same as any system will do as per generally accepted rules.

anyways what are you expecting here ? you expecting it to trim qty to 54.999 kg? That will not happen my friend.

you should change PR qty to 55 kg and go on with the process. For future problems do maintain a rounding profile in MRP view. Anyways you cannot expect vendor to provide you 54.999 kg, or else you would have ordered it in grams.

regards

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check how many decimal places you have allowed for "quantity" field in PO  with the help of technical person.

BR

Answers (0)