cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In TABA no entries and in OAAQ it is set as 2006

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have congifured asset account but it was never put to use.  Now the user wants use asset accounting module.  I am finding that there are no entries in TABA and in OAAQ the FY set as 2006.  Plese let me know what steps I should take before we use the AA module.

Thanks

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Anil,

There are two settings that needs to be maintained before you start using asset accounting: Path are as follows:

spro-->Financial Accounting -->Asset Accounting-->Asset Data Transfer-->Parameters for Data Transfer --> Date Specifications-->Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year

and

spro-->Financial Accounting -->Asset Accounting-->Asset Data Transfer-->Parameters for Data Transfer --> Date Specifications-->Specify Last Period Posted in Prv.System (Transf.During FY)

YOu can change the date from here for data transfer date and the last closed fiscal year.

Regadrs,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In both the config nodes the date is set as 30.06.2006. 

In the above scenario, please let me know what should I do?  the concerned points are mentioned as under.

1. Can I purchase an asset with capitalised date 01.01.2012 and run the depreciatin up to june, 2012.

2. Can I run the depreciation as the TABA is not having any entries and the OAAQ is set at 06, 2006.

Thanks

Anil

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

The dates mentioned here let the system know, from which period/year you want to activate asset accounting in the SAP system.

You should put the month/year upto which you are planning to post the depreciation in legacy system. The system will allow you to run the depreciation after that day only.

In case you are not planning to move the asset from legacy system, you can set the period same as the month in which you will post the first asset transaction.

For your questions:

1. Can I purchase an asset with capitalised date 01.01.2012 and run the depreciatin up to june, 2012.  -

Yes you can , but if the date is 2006, system might ask you the run the depreciation for each month and also, you will have to perform all the year end activity prior to 2012.

2. Can I run the depreciation as the TABA is not having any entries and the OAAQ is set at 06, 2006 - System would request you to run the depreciation for each month. However, since there will be no postings, better to change the date for current year, to avoid running the depreciation without posting any values.

KR

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jyoti,

Thanks for your inputs. 

We are in 4.7.  Since the TABA table does not have any entries in it, I think system will allow me to run the depreciation (correct me if I am incorrect) .  what is the process to update the table TABA, and then run the depreciation.

Thanks

Anil

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Please check the following OSS notes:

Also, if the you are putting the date as 2006 and running the depreciation, still system will not update the table TABA.

It is better to update the date in the system, so that system doesn't throw the error.

KR

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

What is the process of updating the date in the system.  Pls let me know the steps which I need to follow to update the same.

Thanks

Anil

jyoti_singh3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

The table OAAQ will update the most recent period that is closed in the system i.e. the year closed for asset accounting.

The Table TABA conatins the period/year for which depreciation was run in the system. If you will update the values in the followign 2 path in SAP, the table OAAQ will be updated.

Financial Accounting -->Asset Accounting-->Asset Data Transfer-->Parameters for Data Transfer --> Date Specifications-->Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year 

and

spro-->Financial Accounting -->Asset Accounting-->Asset Data Transfer-->Parameters for Data Transfer --> Date Specifications-->Specify Last Period Posted in Prv.System (Transf.During FY)

Also, in case you want to purchase the asset in january and you donot have to bring asset from legacy system to SAP, you can update the setting for the first config as 2011 and second one as 12/2011.

After that system will allow you to post depreciation from 2012 January.

I hope it helps

KR