cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when copying journal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting an error when I try to use the journal manager to copy journals. The error message is

"Error in execute query : Ambiguous column name 'CURRENCY'."

I have one dimension in my model called Currency, but only one. Posting a journal works without problems.

Would anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

I don't think you're working on an old BPC version but there are several notes on bpc 5.1 and 7.0 with this issue, they say because "This problem occurred when Entity and Intco dimensions were included in a Journal header and the dimension was selected as filter option." and the answer is "A customer with the problem has to create a journal template again in Admin Console."

please see f.e. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1299214, maybe it helps.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

we are on 7.5, we do have the Entity dimension in the journal header but Intco is in the details. And re-creating the journal template did not solve the problem (I kept the journal details in the process).

Thanks,
Arnold

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

First, check both tables and confirm whether same column exists or not.

For instance, if "TESTCurrency" column exists at the both table, it will

not work with same error.

Second, we should remove one column.

Because one dimension is supposed to exists only one table. header or

detail. Journal cannot have same dimension for both header and detail.

You can confirm this when creating new journal in BPC Administrator.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

for some reason, both the detail and the header table include the currency dimension, so I assume this generates the problem.

How do I remove it though?

Thanks,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Journl Wizard(BPC administration), check whether you have the currency dimension under"Create additional header items".If yes there is an option in the same tab to delete it.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, CURRENCY is selected as a header dimension on the first tab. It is not added as an additional header item nor is it part of the details.

Thanks,

Arnold