cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard with QaaWS - cannot access external data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I built a dashboard with 3 qaaws, all based on one universe which is base on one bw-query.

All works fine for the group: Administrators.

If I take the Users out of the Adminstrators group, i get the message that the external data cannot be accessed. No Error # or so is displayed.

Even if I grant the usergroup Full Control on the QaaWS, the Universe, the Connection and the Dashboard itself, it does not work.

We use BO 4.0 SP01 FP11.

As far as I can see is, that it can't be a Network (Firewall)-Problem, because it works for the memebers of the Adminstration groups - What else can it be?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards Karin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys ,

It's resolved , as mentioned by Saadiah , I had missed the security profile for the "Web Service Query" , it's working fine now.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also encountered this error and manage to solve the issue. Please ensure to give permission (full control or at least View on Demand) to the items in the CMC below:

• Web Service Query (especially this)
  • Application > Web Service
  • Universe
  • Connection
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm facing the same error but unable to resolve with the above mentioned solutions , any one having the same problem ?

Thanks,

-Ahmed

former_member202170
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you find the solution for this Problem

i having the same issue

please advise

Thanks

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Yes, you need to maintain the security profile for the "Web Service Query" in the applications in CMC.

Let me know if you need any help.

Regards

-Ahmed

sergey_pogosyan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues, the problem was resolved. Our Architect looked at the trace logs on the server side, there was an authorization error. The problem was, that there was no authorization to a Web Intelligence application (CMC -> applications -> Web Intelligence -> User Security). It is a bit weird, that there is the authorization needed for Web Intelligence, since we are only using Dashboards, but oh well. We gave all users authorization to Log on to Web Intelligence as well, and we stopped getting an error.

sergey_pogosyan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Karin,

were you able to resolve you problem? I'm facing the same error. If you did, please le me know how. Thanks ahead.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this was almost certainly resolved using the steps from Zahid .

it'll be a permissions issue, either on user, group, application or folder.

it's also worth noting that  BO 4.0 SP01 P11 was a pre-GA ramp-up version!

Regards,

H

sergey_pogosyan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Henry,

I've granted right to user's group on Applications, Folder (with dashboard in it), Universe, Connection and QaaWs to View and View on Demand. Once I take the group out of the Adminitrator's group everything works properly, but Dashboard gives out the error on refresh (cannot access external data). I even tried to create a new access level to assign more right to it, still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergey,

Considering you have sufficient rights, use fiddler tool to ensure as to why you are getting the error.

If it is not a rights issue then you need to check if you have crossdomain file deployed.

For using fiddler:

1. Go to fiddler2.com
  2. Get Fiddler downloaded and installed
  3. Run Fiddler
  4. Launch your dashboard

In Fiddler, on left hand side panel you should see HTTP traffic happened between you server and the dashboard.

Go through captured HTTP traffic to find where exactly we are facing the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Tejas

sergey_pogosyan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I tried everything, didn't find any errors at all.

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Is your server and client tools are on same patch?

Thanks,

Sapanesh

sergey_pogosyan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sapanesh,

the server is SP02, PL0, Client Tools version is also the same.

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Check if users have proper rights for the universe on which you build your web services.

2. Check if users have at least "View on Demand" rights for the connection on which your universe based.

3.Go to "Applications" in CMC scroll down all the way to the bottom "Web Services." Right click on it and select user security give also some rights for users there as well.

If these does not resolve your issue, could you paste what error massage you are receiving.

Hope this helps.