cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our client site we run the mass invoicing every quarter for the periodic billing for various contracts.

Requirement is :

• if the line items are rejected billing should be blocked
  • if the contract is cancelled billing should be blocked
  • now for the successful contracts invoicing should be generated.
  • Now in a quarter we do the invoicing for about 300 parties.. on average..

Now without going into any development, with standard SAP method, can we achieve this ? In VF04 I know we can do it, but I want more information on this.

If any one have any such experience, please share

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the contracts meet the selection criteria entered in VF04? (Billing date, Sales Org, any other fields entered in VF04.) Do they have 'Order-related billing status' A or B?

VF01 might pull everything that is due for billing while in VF04 additional selection criteria applies.

Otherwise ask for help from an ABAPer. Perhaps they could run a SQL trace (ST05) and see how the data is pulled exactly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is simple: But no right reply

When I do VF04, with tick in order related billing, why no document is populating.

Please any one is out there who can help.

Regards,

Venkat.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But no right reply

It is because, you have not explained your requirement CORRECTLY.   See how you have started your query and check the suggestions given by members and how you were deviating from your original query.   Better try to explain CLEARLY what assistance you need from this forum.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As Lakshmipathi suggested, yes I agree.

My only problem is in VF04, I am not getting any documents populated for invoicing although in development server I created about 5 contracts. I did invoicing for 2 with vf01 and the result is all ok.

now when I want to do mass billing for 3 invoices in vf04 why these pending documents are not popping up. where is the problem.

I think now I am clear .

Can any one out there to help. Sir.. you also

Regards,

Venkat

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did invoicing for 2 with vf01 and the result is all ok.

When I asked you to check the creation of invoice through VF01...it seems you have tried it...but didn't post the outcome here. It is an investigative issue and unless you update the members properly, the investigation may not progress in the right direction.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If memory serves, VF04 actually uses very simple criteria. It basically checks the billing status (in this case VF04 must be run with 'Order-related' checkbox and, accordingly 'Order-related billing' status will be checked). The status may be viewed in the contract line items (Status tab). It also checks the billing date (check the billing plan) and any other additional criteria, if entered.

If you run VF04 with no additional criteria and it does not find the documents when they have status A or B and matching billing date - that would be rather strange.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if these contracts have default billing block.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No blocks please, checked it.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Randomly pick a contract (which is expected to be in VF04 billing due list) and try to create Invoice through VF01 (need not save the invoice)...and if you get any error, please post the error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems you have missed a point in our discussion. with the document type ZSRT, nothing is populating, so how can I do it. ?

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True...you are expecting entries (for ZSRT) in VF04 and they are missing. It means there will be some reason for not being part of the billing due list. Since these contracts are not allowed for billing (that means due to some reason they cannot be billed)...if you try to create an invoice through VF01...when you input the contract and click enter...if this contract is not eligible for billing, then the system will show the details in the log...for the reasons (eg: the contract is blocked for billing) due to which the  billing document couldn't be created.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What value is there in Billing Relevance for the item category which is flowing in ZSRT contract.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

the billing relavence is i ( order related billing - Billing plan) .

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try creating the Invoice through VF01?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • if the line items are rejected billing should be blocked
  • if the contract is cancelled billing should be blocked

Are you able to generate invoice in the above cases ?  Idelly, it should not be.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it wont be ideally in case of rejected items and cancelled contracts. You are right. but what happened in VF04 is when in the selection criteria when I am inputting ZSRT ( standard contract) nothing is populating..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when I am inputting ZSRT ( standard contract) nothing is populating..

Have you checked the document flow for this contract ?   Also ensure that in VF04,  "Order-related"  field is checked.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked in  your Contract (ZSRT) whether are there any Item due for Billing?

I mean check the dates in the Contract, it may be possible that no item is still due for Billing.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Jignesh and Lakshmipathi, but this could happen with few contracts but out of 250 or 300 none is populating ? why..

FYI: Order related field is checked.