cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number issue

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For material M1(serial number managed) we created sales order which has two lines Line1 & line2. Now at the time of outgoing delivery line1 had serial number S123 and line2 had serial number S456.

Due to some problem customer return both items. In return delivery shipping department did mistake and they received serial number S456 against line1 and S123 against line2. They supposed to recieve S123 against line1 and S456 against line2.

Now production wants to do rework production order for serial S123 & S456. Here they do 261 movement. System send an error message that "Stock data of serial number S123 not suitable for movement" Message number IO231.

Please suggest solution how to resolve this? Reply appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Please check the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1821947

This may be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Sharat

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do not think suggested notes will work in my case. B'se see my scenario is not what they are discussing in notes.

FYI - we are in ECC world.

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Not sure if this will work as you are saying the status is already ESTO still you can try...

in IQ02-Edit-Special serial number functions-manual transactions- to stock

After this try to post 261.

If this dosent work please revert with following information

1. Is material batch managed, if yes check master batch in the serial number does it match to the batch number for which you are trying to post 261.

2. If serial number has equipment assgined to it.

3. In MMBE go to environment->equipment / serial number do u find these 2 serial numbers?

Regards

Abhishek Rai

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please understand if insp lot is serial number managed then we can not reverse it. So revert transaction option will not work in this case.

Yes, I can find these two serial number at MMBE, but when we do rework against SO system try to check sales order assigned serial number. Now both time we have different serial number it does not allow to do.

We understand this was user error but now how to correct our database to move forward?

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

per my understanding they need to cancel that return delivery if they posted GRs incorrectly

after that to post it again and do re-work

regards,

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Material is quality managed and our quality department already cleared insp lot of return delivery, which was stock managed.Stock already posted from QI to unrestricted. There is no way we can reverse serial number managed insp lot/ delivery.

Suggest alternate solution.

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Apply OSS note 175842 to do inspection lot stock reversal and this will help you to get back the stock to QI stock.

Regards,

Sharat

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eric Sun,

Assuming the stock has been cleared from quality to Un-restricted stock for the particular serial no,now

can you check whether is there any user status set for the particular serial no and check if what has to

be done to rectify the same.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Serial number status is ESTO, which was expected. It is not coming in error.

Current serial number profile does check stock status. Do you think if we change profile which does not consider stock will resolve this issue?

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eric Sun,

I did not mean to change the Serial Profile settings in T.Code OIS2 from Inconsistencies in Stock

Data - Error to Inconsistencies in Stock Data - Warning.

Sometimes apart from the system status a user status can be used to allow or forbid some

actions,so I asked if there is any status profile linked to the equipment category in OIEB(check for

the equipment category linked in OIS2 for the serial no Profile).

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We do not have any user status which force to do this transaction...