cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send e-mail from SAP to Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to send a e-mail from sap to outlook whenever the opportunity created in SAP CRM . I have done the SCOT

settings and SMTP settings. It works fine. I can the get the e-mail in outlook.

But it works for 2 or 3 times per day. If again try to create a new opportunity the mail does not trigger.

I have checked SOST it shows error. the message contain wait for communication service.

How to solve the issue ?

Thanks,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the message contain wait for communication service

Not much info, but this simply means that is waiting for SAPCONNECT to be executed to send the mails. You can schedule a periodical send job in SCOT the standard is for the job to run every 10 mins.

SCOT -> Settings -> Send jobs

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rey,

When i schedule the Job before sending the  e-mail or after sending the e-mail ?

Thanks,

Vimal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should schedule a periodic job... regardless if its after or before, if the job does not run the mail will be sitted is SOST waiting until SAPCONNECT is executed.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rey,

I schedule the job again it shows the following message.

Thanks,

Vimal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please call me Juan   (Rey in spanish means KING)

You need to make sure that a few essentials have been covered, I wrote a small document in the wiki that you can follow.

Read  How to configure SAP to send external mails

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan ,

I gone through your document, I have checked telnet <SMTP Host> <Port> in cmd prompt.

It replies 'Connection failed'.

How do i make the connection ?

Thanks,

Vimal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to speak to your Mail Admin and ask him to add the IP Address of your SAP System(s) into the Relay Agent of the SMTP Server. Why?... Because SAP does not do uname/pass SMTP authentication and what the Relay Agent does it to make the mail server to trust the mails coming from SAP.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll check and let you know.

Thanks,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

My network team working on it, currently i am working on cloud system any additional things need to do from our side ?

Thanks,

Vimal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not really, if you cannot reach the SMTP Server theres little you can do, you need to wait until your network team has open the right port so you can reach the server.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

My Network team resolved the issue. Thanks for your timely help.

Thanks,

Vimal

Answers (0)