cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Custom exit

0 Kudos

Hi ALL

Has anyone used BI Custom user exit for BI Authorisations as the basis for their authorisation concept. I mean someone who build the DSO which contain users and the info objects they need to access and their permited values for client with hundards or thousands of end users. I am keen to know if this concept worked for them on the long term. what are the pros and cons of it. This concept ensures few analysis authorisations are build but the actual work is in the maintenance of the DSO for each and every client of BI. What about system performance ? does it get effected by the increasing number of end users added to the DSO.

I know of this concept but never implemented it so I am keep to hear from anyone who has implemented it and share with me their views about the BI cutom user exit.

Kind regards

Massoud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I used this concept in 2 projects with 400 - 800 users.

DSO with auth data (user and permitted objects/values), exit variable at step 0 which read the DSO and finaly authorization (rsecadmin) which is restricted by such exit variable.

Performance - excellent.

Maintenance - pretty simple, loading from flat CSV file.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Thanks Andrey

Thanks very much for direct reply. I have two more queries about this model.

1. How it will work for says for 4000 users.

2. If a user has access to Company code UK and plant London and also Company code france with plant Paris. Will the user end up having access to company code UK and plant Paris?

The other one being Company code France and plant London. My client only wants the user to access the local plants for the company code, meaning CCode UK and plant london, CCODE france and plant london.

3. How the model deal with a situation with Hierarchy info object. say Cost centre and the user need access to a node in the hierarchy and another need only a leaf (just one cost centre value).

4. what are the exact info objects you put into the DSO.

5. Could you please share with me the exit variable code in CMOD you used.

My email is MALSAKAT@AOL.COM

Kind regards

Massoud

I will appreciate