cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIM Job issues- Rejected Records not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing few strange issues while executing FIM Job. Job is completed but status is “Error” and error Log is as follows-

“There is no response for the web service <ImportPackageData>. Ensure that the network, the web server, and the service are running properly.”

Also in View Job Run Details, I found one of the Package with status as “ImportStatus Failed”, but rejected records information is not available in FIM Rejection table residing in Oracle.

Regards,
Vipin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

This might be related to a timeout issue when a large number of records are being rejected.

Can you check if your issue can be resolved by KBA 1386996?

If not, can you tell if this behaviour is the same with all of your FIM jobs?

Cheers

Mariam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariam,

All FIM Jobs are not behaving like this. Only 1 Job is displaying these issues.

Regards

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Does this job have a flat file as source?

If ths is the case, can you check if there are any empty columns in this file and remove them?

Thanks

Mariam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

Rejected records are not displayed Due to the web service connection failure issue (Time out) to Target. so, FIM Job is unable to write back the rejected records to the Oracle tables.

Even if Recject Count displayed in FIM Job Run History in this scenario will not display correct count.

Regards,

Naveen Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a issue using FIM. In particular, i run a job to SAP FC but it fails.

My source is a flat file (.csv) with only three lines.

These are the lines of my flat file:

AS;2014.02;E0001;SASD1-001;EUR;100

AS;2014.02;E0001;SASD1-002;EUR;-150

AS;2014.02;E0001;SASD1-003;EUR;230

In job run history, under section of errog log, trace log and monitor log there is any indication about the error.

I have only rejected lines.

I verify that:

- The datastore test has been completed successfully.

- The user that execute the job have an Admintrator profile and is the same in both FIM and FC.

- The connection from FC to FIM works correctly.

- The package in FC has been created.

I can't understand what is the problem....Can you help us to solve it?

In the attachment, you can see flat file preview, mapping table and job run history details.

Thanks,

Riccardo

igor_klushnev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo!

Usually when you get rejected lines you have also descriptions for each rejected line.

As I can see from your attachments, the run of your FIM job has been failed. Try to look at the error log in the DS Designer at your related DS Job. May be there is a reason of the error.

Kind regards,

Igor

0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

I look at the error log in the DS Designer:

As you can see, it seems that the job is completed successfully but i have rejected lines again.

Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks.

igor_klushnev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo!

Sometimes there is not enough to your FIM_ADMIN user belonging to Administrator profile.

1) Check the alias field in the FC profile of FIM_ADMIN user. It should be the same as in the CMC profile of the same user.

2) Check if the Application settings of WebServices IIS application are set correctly: BrokerHostName, DataSource, DefaultLogin, DefaultPassword

Kind Regards

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo,

Can you check the content of FIM_REJECTED_ROW table. Is it also empty?

You may also check the ctserver logs generated at FIM job execution time to see if FC application is tracing any errors.

Regards

Mariam

0 Kudos

Hi Mariam,

I've tried to upload another file with 4 lines extracted by the test file of RSD for Solvency II but i've the same problem.

The FIM_REJECTED_ROW table in DS Designer is empty but from FIM interface I see 4 lines rejected

The FIM_REJECTED_ROW_DIMS table contains value.

Thanks,

Riccardo

0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

1) The alias field in the FC profile of FIM_ADMIN user is the same as in the CMC profile of the same user.

2) All application settings of WebServices IIS application are set correctly.

Best Regards,

Riccardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo,

Do you get the same behaviour if you recreate the flat file manually in a new txt file (I would like to check if the issue is caused by the source file from RSD for Solvency) ?

Regards

Mariam

0 Kudos

Hi Mariam,

I recreate the flat file manually

but I have the same issue.

I've tried to upload the same file directy in SAP FC from "Data import wizard" and I have no problem...

Regards,

Riccardo

igor_klushnev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Vipin,

I've faced also such issues. Check the delimiter of the numbers in you source. It should be the point. Comma is the delimiter of the decimal part of numbers in our regional standards. And it was the reason of such issue. When we have changed the regional settings of the host to English and set substitution the delimiter from comma to point the rejected lines were showed without an occuring errors.

Kind regards,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful answers. We are not using Flat File as source. But let me check the source data for empty columns and delimiters.

I am also checking the web service error which I can see in DS Mngt console and the target BFC packages definitions.

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

This seems to be a connectivity error with BFC. Kindly check the webservices.

Regards

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I am also checking the web service error which I can see in DS Mngt console and the target BFC packages definitions. 

Regards,

Vipin