cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation before aggregation error in 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have upgraded our sandbox-environment from 7.0 to 7.3 and we are now experiencing problems with a number of queries that fail to execute due to the known ‘Calculation before aggregation’ error (ex note 1385580). Why do we get this error now? Have things gone from bad to worse or is there a setting/trick/note that can help us avoid having to rebuild a number of queries as a result of the upgrade? / Mats

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way we solved it was to change the settings in the replacement variable that caused the error. In the Replacement Path tab we changed Replace With from Key to Attribute Value and then set Attribute to Characteristic Key. Then all of a sudden all our affected queris stopped using our aggregates but if we added the changed variable to the Key Figure structure (as a seperate hidden Key Figure) it worked as before again. Very strange solution but it's in production now and seems to work fine.. I'll have a look at the note's Hendrik mentioned though, mabye thats a better solution / Mats

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to see that you have resolve the issue with a strange solution. But I also feel Hendrik's Notes will be a concrete solution for your issue.

erdem_sephanelioglu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the answer it was helpful

However when I open the query I encountered different issue with variables.

Did it happen to your case too?

Eddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did not have that particular error, but we were forced to upgrade our SAP GUI to 7.20 to get rid of a lot of warnings in query designer.

hendrik_brandes
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mats,

we have facing the same error and found a solution within the notes

1712991:Formular before Aggegration, Lookup and FAGGR_BEFORE

1668991:BW7.30: New behaviour of Aggregation

Short: There is a new parameter FAGGR_BEFORE which has to be entered in table RSADMIN with value <INITIAL>. This will turn off the new aggegration-implementation and use the old implementation.

Kind regards,

Hendrik

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the Tick Box of Calculation After Aggregation in your Queries?

Before upgrading, were you able to execute the  Queries?

erdem_sephanelioglu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

The option is ticked actually. When I check the query designer it gives the line

[E001(BRAIN_DEV)] Error: Variable ZVAR cannot be calculated using [0PSTNG_DATE] Posting date before aggregation.

This means not much to me actually. It is the first time I encounter this.

I would ask for more insight to solve this issue pls.

Thx.

Eddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, we have nerver found that tick-box, mabye taht is a 3.5 feature.

erdem_sephanelioglu
Participant
0 Kudos

I have maintained the RSADMIN table as instruction when I run check the query at designer I see

[E001(BRAIN_DEV)] Error: Variable ZVAR cannot be calculated using [0PSTNG_DATE] Posting date before aggregation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note 1699573 changed the error message to be specified per Fomula but it did not solve the problem / Mats

erdem_sephanelioglu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mats,

How did you solve this issue? I currently face this one.

Thnx.

Eddy.