Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to associate BOP ID to BOM material

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement for license determination for Sales Order KIT materials that further needs to be reported on the Commercial Invoice for Export documentation.

Per the documentation in the attached link, I performed all the required steps, but am not able to associate the BOM ID to the Bill Of Material.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d00aa439-6be6-2c10-37a3-eba9b9373...

Steps performed are as follows:

1. Created the super BOM material in ECC

2. Created a component material in ECC

3. Linked component to super BOM using CS01 in ECC

4. Transferred Super BOM and Component material to GTS using Material master transfer from ECC

5. Implemented BADI to link BOM ID per the document link

6. Created Delivery in ECC for Super BOM that then created a BOM ID and transferred to GTS

7. On the Customs document for DN in GTS when I click on the eyeglass next to BOP ID it errors out saying "BOP for product <XXXXXXXX> does not exist"

Any idea on what could be missing?

Thanks,

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Satya!

I was on touch with the SAP product team on this and they did not seem to have a solution in place at that time. They had taken my feedback for the next release. Not sure if they have a solution in place yet.

Regards,

Prashant.

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I am able to implement the solution at least now on GTS 10.1. The only thing we all might be missing is the implementation of the second BADI in ECC given in the document. Its just that this BADI is called up at Sales Order or Delivery creation in ECC and it explodes the document related BOM and creates an entry in tables /SAPSLL/BOMHD and /SAPSLL/BOMIT in GTS with service LECLDT and a value in KMAT_IDENT which links the BOM with the customs document.

Now, how to implement that BADI is a different question because you need to write your own logic of BOM explosion in ECC.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

kardam0409
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has anyone got the resolution for the error "BOP for product .....doesn't exist"? I'm trying to implement the same solution and have encountered the same problem.

Regards,

Kardam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kardam/Prashant,

We you able to resolve the issue ?? Even i'm struck with the same error too .. please let us know to get it resolved.

Regards,

Satya

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

As far as I know, there is no link between the BoMs used for Risk and Compliance Management, and the BoPs used for Customs Management.

In Customs Management, you must either maintain the BoP (Component-to-Product relationship) in the GTS Product Master record, or set the ECPID record to indicate that an external BoM is being used.  In the latter case, you then need to implement the BAdI to provide the components during the creation of the Export Declaration.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

former_member194152
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you solved ur problem? if yes can you please share the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I think you need to transfer the BOMs from ECC by using the Transfer BOMs and then you need to map these BOM ID in product master.In  the products master you have the tab related to BOP, there you need to enter the BOM ID and finished product qty to map the BOM to product.

Regards,

Hari Challa.

prashant75
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I also did what you said. It shows me BOM structure under "Export View for Customs Products"  within Compliance management. I also tied the BOM ID to the Item in BOP tab.

But when I created delivery per the instructions in the link provided above and check the eyeglass next to BOP ID on Delivery item, it gives me the error in my earlier note.

Is there anything from the BADI standpoint or anything else on the GTS side that needs to be done in addition to what I already did?

Thanks,

Prashant.