cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the relation between a plant and the segment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me what is the relation between a plant and a segment in new G/L and how they should be mapped for IFRS?

As far as I know we have to assign them to the Profit Centers but how to map or what is the relation between plant, profit center and segmment is what I want to know?

Please explain me with an example if possible? Please replay asap.

Thanks in advance....

Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Segment is a division of a company for which you can create financial statements for external reporting, while plant can be represented as a profit center or cost center, segment will denote a line of business where as profit center will be a unit will directly generates revenue. Do correct me if I am wrong,

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Yogesh....

We want the IFRS and GAAP reporting in New G/L for our company code. If is it so then what shall I define as segment and what shall I define as plant. We have number of plants already defined in the system.

Please reply asap.

Thanks in advance....

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please reply on the above issue asap.

Thanks in advance...

Regards

Nitin

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

As per IFRS 8 an segment is a component of entity that engages in business activities from which it may earn revenue and incur expenses , whose operating results are results are regularly reviewed by chief operating decision makers and for which discrete financial information are available

Segment can be  of two types as per indian AS 17 - business segment or geographical segment

Please note that it cannot be possible to genrally to say what can be a segment and what cannot be a segment

To decide whether a particular thing is segment or not, we have to check  the quantitative test ie 75% ratio test

Please use the test and decide what can be a segmnet

Hope it will help you

Regards

Prasad

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Its my mistake its not 75% ratio test , its 10% ratio test

Regards

Prasad