cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

odbc MySQL 5.1 driver causes CR 2011 to crash/stop working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed the odbc MySQL 5.1 driver for use with CR 2011 (14.0.2.364RTM). I can connect to my datasource fine, however, when I attempt to add tables to a report it causes CR to stop working and closes. I can add some tables successfully but most tables I cannot.  Also, when I attempt to Set Datasource Location on reports to this new driver/datasource some update successfully but many cause CR to stop working. This might be due to the same issue that the driver doesn't like certain tables. The tables are fine as I've been reporting against them fine for a year (using jdbc MySQL driver). I am in the midst of moving my database to a windows server so need the odbc MySQL driver.

It looks like tables that do not have an underscore in their name work fine. Tables that have an underscore but are also 13 characters or less in length also work. If a table is 14 characters or more with an underscore in it then CR stops working.

I was able to add tables via a sql select statement using "Add Command" but I still cannot add the table directly.

Is there a fix for this driver in order for it to work with CR 2011 or do I need to find an earlier version of the odbc MySQL driver?

thanks!

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Hope you're doing great!

Do you have an older version of the MySQL driver to try?

Or, could you try DataDirect's MySQL drivers?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I installed an older version of the odbc MySQL driver (3.51) and it appears to be working. However, for some reason when i select tables in the Database Expert Crystal appends the number "1" to the end of each table name. Do you know why it does this? I'm converting reports and I need to go into my current reports and change the table names to reflect the additional "1" in order for me to successfully convert to the new datasource/driver using the "Set Datasource Location".

Should I just live with this nuance?

Mark

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes, I've seen this before and the cause is mostly due to the ODBC driver being used.

CR always creates aliases to the tables being added. The reason you don't realize that is because CR tries to keep the table name and the alias name 'same'.

Sometimes, there is something 'special' in the table name that CR does not like and perhaps the ODBC driver is not able to keep both the table name and the alias names consistent,

After you add the table, could you try removing the '1'. Does it work?

If it doesn't and as long as the older driver works fine, I guess you have no alternative but to stick to this.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash...I'll stick with the 3.51 driver and live with the "1" at the end of the table name.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Answers (0)