cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA entries from Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with regards to releasing a billing document to accounting. The billing document is a credit memo, and I need this to post to COPA (generate Profitability Analysis document). I have already created a new condition type and assigned it to a value field in KE4I. But still it does not generate copa document. Please help

Thanks,

Stifler

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor

Hi

Multiple reasons can be there

1. Your GL is not a CE - Catg 11 or 12

2. Go to VFX3 and input the SD billin doc no and release it to accounting... It wil show the error msg incase its not able to

3. Check in KE4W if you have reset all the cond types... This should not be the case, Only the ones not relevant to be updated in case of Cr Memo should be there in KE4W like COGS, Qty, etc

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the valuable input. I have changed my cost element category from 1 to 11. I then created a billing document and released it to accounting but still no luck. There are no COPA entries. Any other thoughts?

I have checked also in KE4W and the Billing type Credit Memo is there with its corresponding value field. Reset field is checked.

Thank you!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For credit memo only discounts will flow to copa, sales quantity, revenue, cogm not required to flow to  copa, for this you need give setting in KE4W. check the settings we may be reset all the value fields in KE4W.

Bye

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

KE4i select tranffer check .

Transfer condition values with +/- signs to CO-PA

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

The "Transfer +/- sign" indicator should ONLY
           be used in rare instances!

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+

The "Transfer +/- sign" indicator should be used selectively for those individual condition types that

1. can have both negative and positive values (This is especially the case with condition types that can represent a revenue surcharge or a revenue reduction.)
    2. occur more than once in a billing document and produce both debit postings and credit postings (This is the case when reserves are created or resolved, as described in OSS note 37114.)

If you select the "Transfer +/- sign" indicator, the system calculates a balance of the positive and negative values for that condition type. This ensures that the correct total for that condition type is shown in the corresponding value field.

Note that this indicator cannot be used to reconcile the sign handling in Financial Accounting (FI) or Sales and Distribution (SD) and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA). Selecting it will not cause signs for sales revenues, sales deductions, and costs to be handled the same way in CO-PA and either SD or FI.

The following table shows an overview of how condition values are updated in CO-PA for billing documents from SD:

Billing document (normal) "With +/- sign"    "Without +/- sign"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Debit posting                         negative           positive
  (such as sales deductions)

Credit posting                        positive           positive
  (such as sales revenues)

Credit memo/return       "With +/- sign"    "Without +/- sign"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Debit posting                         negative           negative
  (such as sales revenues)

Credit posting                        positive           negative

Regards

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I hope the revenue account involved in this accounting doc is created as Catg 11 cost element

If it is, then try KE4SFI and see if the acc doc is pushed into COPA..

Regards

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for te reply. I tried the transaction code KE4SFI and I'm getting this result:

No. of transferred docmnts:          0

Lines with assignments to profitability segments:           0

and yes, the cost element is category 11 - Revenues.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Stifler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for te reply. I tried the transaction code KE4SFI and I'm getting this result:

No. of transferred docmnts:          0

Lines with assignments to profitability segments:           0

and yes, the cost element is category 11 - Revenues.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Stifler