cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Client download troubles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I tried to download the "SAP HANA Client" Windows 32-bit from http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/402aa158-6a7a-2f10-0195-f43595... but it keeps throwing me out with "Unfortunately we have trouble completing your download request. Please contact sdn@sap.com for further support. "

I emailed with the info to sdn@sap.com, but no luck.

Has anyone else faced the same trouble ? Is there a way around this ? I downloaded the studio though.

Thank You,

Joe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello

as stated in my reply to this thread above at Mar 18, 2013 6:47 PM, I wrote to sdn@sap.com.

Then I received, just 10 hours later at 04h52 today 19th March, the following reply:

----

" Hello

The downloads section is an automated process. If you are having a problem with an SCN download, please report it in our Bug Reporting Space. http://scn.sap.com/community/support/scn-bug-reporting

And try again after 24 hours.

Kind Regards,

Support Group

SAP Community Network Team

http://scn.sap.com/welcome"

----

I therefore sought and found a thread in Bug Reporting dealing with this problem but it was marked "Answered by Jason Lax  on Jul 30, 2012 3:18 PM".

Before opening a new post - which seemed to me to be necessary therefore, in Bug Reporting, I tried again to download - some 5 hours after receiving that reply from sdn@sap,.com.

Both HANA downloads were successful.

I now have downloaded:

1) sap_hana_studio_win64.zip

2) sap_hana_client_win64.zip

So I should like to herwith thank SAP SCN 🙂

Message was edited by: David Lawn Additional information: Browser used for the download: Chrome Operating system used: Windows 7 (Ultimate)

hamed_dadras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

In order to download and install HANA Database Client you can go to SAP Software Download Center >> Support Packages
and Patches >> A-Z Index >> Click on H >> SAP HANA Platform
Edition >> SAP HANA Platform EDIT. 1.0 >> Entry by Component, then
choose HANA Client for Excel and choose the one that suites to your platform and
MS Excel version.

Regards,

Hamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If you have the two zip files, could you share them with me, because they seem not available.

Thanks in advance

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same troubles. I've tried two different machines using IE, Chrome and Firefox with no luck on any of them.

The actual download link is to this file;

https://www.sdn.sap.com/downloads/hana/hana10/SAP_HANA_CLIENT_Winx86_64.zip

When I try to download that file directly (I'm already logged into the SCN site), I get a login prompt that will not accept any combination of my user number, user name, email address or anything.

I think it's a security issue of some sort. I was able to download the developer studio because the download worked once.  I've been unable to repeat my luck with the client.

It's surprising that this has been an ongoing problem with SAP's community site. You'd think that they'd be able to handle a simple download.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me too, I have been trying to get the "SAP Hana Client 100_74 for Linux x86 64 bit" it throws me off to this login page even after I had logged in with my actual credentials.

So did you get through the login??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

It appears you were caught as false (? ) positives in our export control compliance check (the software that makes sure that SAP software is not downloaded by parties or from locations SAP is not allowed to ship its software to). I don't know what caused the system to lock you out - it might be a suspicious email address in your profile or something more complicated.

The only advice I can give to anybody seeing the "Unfortunately we have trouble completing your download request" message is to follow the instructions and send an email to sdn@sap.com. Please include your SCN user Id and the link to the software you are trying to download in the email.

cheers and sorry for the inconvenience (we have to do this to keep our executives out of jail)

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

I am logged on to the SDN page when I try to download the client.

I am in the US and so is my friend who is trying this. He is in Chicago and I am 150 miles to the west of Chicago. You can check my profile.

Could it be our Internet Service Provider is the issue ? I was able to download the studio though.

Thank You,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, I have no knowledge as to why the export control check prevents your from accessing the software. I also find it quite odd that you're allowed to download some components, but not others. Anyway, I have sent and email to the colleagues monitoring sdn@sap.com and asked them for expedited processing of download requests if at all possible. So please send emails to sdn@sap.com and let us all know how long it takes until you get access.

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

Thank You for the reply, I will await the resolution.

- Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I am facing the same problem for past four days & also reported to sdn@sap.com but they replied with following:

Hello ,

we are sorry. The downloads section is an automated system that is controlled by a team in Germany. We have no access to it or way to contact them. They decide whether to release downloads based on criteria that is not known to us or communicated to us.

Kind Regards,

Support Group

SAP Community Network Team

http://scn.sap.com/welcome

Hey, have you heard about the new SCN support space:

http://scn.sap.com/community/support

Technical Information:

----------------------

Case Id: 3779206

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hashir,

I am sorry for the download trouble and I apologize for the frustrating answer you have received from SCN Support. We have followed up with the teams to make sure that responses to support requests will be more helpful in future.

@all, please let us know about download and support issues, either on the forum or by writing to inmemorydevcenter@sap.com.

@all, if you are using a yahoo.com or hotmail.com email in your SCN profile and you are getting the error message mentioned in the original post, please try if the download works with a different email address (change your SCN profile and try again). I cannot tell if that's your problem, I just remember I had seen trouble with yahoo.com and hotmail.com before... If it helps, let us know.

cheers

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hashir,

I am sorry for the download trouble and I apologize for the frustrating answer you have received from SCN Support. We have followed up with the teams to make sure that responses to support requests will be more helpful in future.

@all, please let us know about download and support issues, either on the forum or by writing to inmemorydevcenter@sap.com.

@all, if you are using a yahoo.com or hotmail.com email in your SCN profile and you are getting the error message mentioned in the original post, please try if the download works with a different email address (change your SCN profile and try again). I cannot tell if that's your problem, I just remember I had seen trouble with yahoo.com and hotmail.com before... If it helps, let us know.

cheers

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you heard back?

--juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergren,

Thanks for all the effort you are putting in resolving the issue.

I have also changed the email address from a yahoo account to my ibm.com account but this also does not help & the issue still persists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

I tried it with different email ids, but no luck.

I have a suggestion: can the 2 softwares be put on the Amazon Web Services area ? We are any way accessing AWS for the servers, is this a valid idea ?

Thank You,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe (cc: Omar, Hashir),

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to make software downloads available outside of SCN - the laws ...

I still have no solution for you, I don't know how to get your download unblocked. To be able to use your AWS instances, you can sign up for the 30-day trial (, even if you already had a trial that is now expired. Just enter "KEN SENT ME" as access code. On the remote desktop, you will find HANA Studio and Client pre-installed and you will be able to connect to both the Sandbox system and your personal instance on AWS.

Sorry for the inconvenience - we're still working on fixing the issue for you.

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

I have submitted my request for the 30 days access and am waiting the approval. I also corrected my user profile to the latest address etc.

Thank You,

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

I have the access to the system now on Cloudshare.

Thank You for the help.

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Have the same problem, that doesn't resolves with simultaneous login to scn and sdn. Email address is not on hotmail or yahoo.

I have sent email to inmemorydevcenter@sap.com regarding my problem.

SAP HANA Studio Developer Edition Win86 64bit from the http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/10e6e3ff-6081-2f10-e690-829e62...

SAP HANA Client Developer Edition Win86 64bit from the http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/402aa158-6a7a-2f10-0195-f43595...

ABAP Development Tools for NetWeaver  from http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/1024acfb-5b30-2e10-f2bd-ccce5d8692b1

These links produces the same response:

Unfortunately we have trouble completing your download request. Please contact   sdn@sap.com for further support

And sdn@sap.com reply is the same - ask for help at scn community, because download is an automated process, controlled outside of support channel.

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen thank you for your trouble.

I have just sent this email to sdn@sap.com and will report on what happens,

----

Hello

thank you that I have been permitted to download NW703 Minisap from SCN. .

Unfortunately I am unable to download anything else.

I especially wish to download

- HANA Developer Edition-SAP HANA Studio

from

- http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/10e6e3ff-6081-2f10-e690-829e62...

and

- HANA Developer Edition-SAP HANA Client

from

- http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/402aa158-6a7a-2f10-0195-f43595...

I refer you to the SCN thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3198672 where you can see once again the situation.

This is of course extremely depressing (and expensive for me).

I believe we all in SCN invest much of our time  in our SAP SCN activities and to have SCN disabled in this way is really crippling.

Can you please pass this email on to those responsible.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

David Lawn

----

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I just tried to download the SAP HANA Client Windows 32bit from the link you provided - no problems whatsoever.

Can you try if you are able to download any of the other client versions (e.g. Windows 64bit)? Also, do you have a chance to try from another browser?

--juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen,

Thank You for the reply. I tried this with another browser and Windows Vista and Windows 7 and I am still not able to download any of the SAP HANA clients.

Is there anything which I might have missed to check ?

Joe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That looks totally odd, especially when you're able to download the Studio without issues. You are the first person reporting such issues - if there's anybody else facing the same problem, please reply in this thread.

I have contacted the colleagues who operate the download infrastructure and asked them to look into this issue.

--juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Juergen, I will wait for the updates. I know at least one more person who is facing this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

THE SCN team is investigating...

Just to make sure: are you sure you're logged on when you try to start the download? Do you see your name in the page header? Sometimes SCN logs you out for no apparent reason...

Also, may I ask which country you (and the other person facing the same issue) you are trying to download from?

Thanks

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi juergen I have the same problem.....

I can see my name in the page header, I am from Mexico... I try to download the two version 32 and 64 bits but give me the same mistake.....

thank you

Omar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I am confused with revisions of available developer AWS HANA DB instance, HANA Client and HANA Studio.

SCN HANA Developer center download link gives:

- rev 32 for HANA Studio Developer Edition, Win 32

- rev 27 for HANA Client Developer Edition, Win 32

AWS HANA DB in regions US East (Virginia) and Asia Pacific (Singapore) is rev 28.

I would expect at least Studio and Client to match revisions.

Is it OK to use Studio and Client rev 32 with AWS HANA DB instance rev 28?

Thank you

Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

this was a temporary inconsistency due to delays in replication of the files. All Studio and Client downloads are now on Revision 32.

The servers are still on Revision 28, but will work fine with the higher versions of Client and Studio. We'll post instructions on how to upgrade the instances to a newer revision when we are ready to make a newer version available.

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all, confirm there are major issues with download sap libraries for NW, HANA etc etc

These issues arise from begin 2012 when the new community was introduced!

Option is to wait, and try at night .

This has cost us a lot of hours!

sincerely

robert ten bosch