Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC MATMAS Material to Plants Extension

vinay_pasalkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, 

I'm having a scenario to create & extend the Material to multiple plants using Inbound Idoc MATMAS.
Also using Internal material number range.

Please provide information how to achieve this.

1) Whether is that mandatory to generate 5 sending idocs one for each plant?

2) Or generation of one idoc in source system dervies 5 idocs in the receiving plant.

Could you please help me in understaning the above mechanism and also the settings needs to be done at the systems to extend the material for 5 different plants in the same receiving system.

Thanks,

Vinay

6 REPLIES 6

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1) Whether is that mandatory to generate 5 sending idocs one for each plant? 

2) Or generation of one idoc in source system dervies 5 idocs in the receiving plant.

Did you check the structure of the basic type MATMAS05? You can create a single IDoc for the material & populate the material-plant associations in the segment E1MARCM. Whether you want to create/extend/remove can be controlled by the message function field - E1MARCM-MSGFN (check the domain fixed values for further details).

I don't understand why would someone generate different IDocs for the same material just to create/modify material-plant association?

BR,

Suhas

PS: Std. SAP provides trxn BD10 to transmit material to other systems. Did you check it?

0 Kudos

Hey Suhas,

It's because, we are using internal number range & we have to create the material then only we can extend other plants to that material number. yes. it's possible to create a material with single plant. we require for same material to diffrentiate other plants

Can you please suggest how to pass multiple plants for a material in IDOC matmas05.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whenever you submit a material number in an idoc, then SAP is using this material number to post the IDOC, no matter if it is external or internal number, no matter if the material already exists or has to be created.

I do all my migrations for material master with IDOCs, ust because of this reason. We do not want and cannot switch a number range. we retrieve the next internal number with function module NUMBER_GET_NEXT  and bring this number into e1maram-matnr.

So I do not need to do 2 different sessions for creating and extending.

0 Kudos

Normally i receive data from PI with multiple lines for the material creation with multiple plants.

But the issue is i need to extend the material ABC to plants AA01 and AA02 etc.

So how to achive this in MATMAS05 idoc? is there any configuration to set multiple values for plants with same material data.

Ultimatly the material 0001 should be extend to more then 5 plants.

kindly help in resolving this.

Will be rewarded ponits.

Thanks.

Moderator Message: Please donnot offer points. This is against the Forum RoE.

Message was edited by: Suhas Saha

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where is the problem?

the IDOC segment E1MARCM is repeated several times in the same IDOC.

You should setup a small ALE scenario, and send an IDOC for a material with several plant views  to file with BD10.

Then you can see how such IDOC is structured

0 Kudos

Resolved!

we can pass multiple plants for the segment E1MARCM-WERKS by coping multiple times. So that it'll execute multiple times ie. 0 to 999 times.

Cheers.