cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Configuration for AII Flexible Delivery scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring AII flexible Delivery scenario.I have succesfully tested the outbound delivery part and trying to run the ASN and inbound delivery in customer system.

I am using One XI system to achieve this scenario.

To achieve ASN and inbound delivery scenario,I have configured component view ASNElectronicLabelPost & ASNElectronicLabelEnrichment.

I want to know

1. what is the IDOC which is used to send the ASN from supplier system to XI?

<b>My answer:</b> The supplier's system send the IDoc DESADV.DELVRY05 or DESADV.DELVRY03. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also what are the precautions which i need to take if I am using single XI system.

Thanks and regards,

Amit Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

In XI I am facing the following error

<b>"Unable to convert sender service ASNElectronicLabelPost to an ALE logical

system".</b>

I have read all the blogs related to this error and as per the blogs i checked the settings for the logical system. Also in the Business System settings in ID i can see the logical system in Adapter specific identifier.

I have defined the business system and technical landscape properly.

But still I am facing this problem.

Do I have to define the logical system for the Backend as well Supplier system in XI in <b>transaction SALE</b> apart from the SLD business system definition?

My Understanding & Answer: I think yes the reason being XI wont come to know the logical system it needs to communicate to...

Thanks for the earlier answer.. I was doubtful the reason being in the help.sap.com in AutoID_Integration_Scenario node under ASN Enrichment with Electronic labels they mention as follow

1. Send ASN

The supplier’s ERP system sends the IDoc DELINF.DELVRY03 or DELINF.DELVRY05 to the XI system (message interface DespatchedDeliveryNotificationOut).

Thanks and regards,

Amit Deshpande

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>"Unable to convert sender service ASNElectronicLabelPost to an ALE logical

system".

inside your receiver agreement (for sending IDOC to R3) mark

header mapping and put sender service (and choose your XI business system)

>>>>Do I have to define the logical system for the Backend as well Supplier system in XI in transaction SALE apart from the SLD business system definition?

no no need for sale in XI

>>>>1. Send ASN

The supplier’s ERP system sends the IDoc DELINF.DELVRY03 or DELINF.DELVRY05 to the XI system (message interface DespatchedDeliveryNotificationOut).

as it's true

but with the info that I've mentioned (no EPC in case or delvry03)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>>>>1. Send ASN

>>>as it's true

>>>but with the info that I've mentioned (no EPC in case or delvry03)

My understanding was that the supplier system sends the Idoc DESADV.DELVRY03 or DESADV.DELVRY05 when a ASN is created in Supplier system.

Because when PGI happens i see the IDOC which get triggered is of type DESADV and not DELINF.. My understanding may be wrong.

I have made the changes suggested by you but my Supplier system is down for sometime now.

Is it necessary that both supplier as well customer system should use same type of IDOC ?

Does ECC 5.0 support DELVRY5.0? I cannt find it in my system but i have DELVRY04 which has the segment for EPC information. But this wont be supported by XI I believe in the integration scenario.

Thanks and regards,

Amit Deshpande

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I also used deasdv but I create my own mapping

>>>>Is it necessary that both supplier as well customer system should use same type of IDOC ?

you don't even have to use IDOCs you jut need info about the delivery

and EPC data and you can map it yourself - AII standard content is just an

example - but as always in real life you need to enhance the standard very often

but it's just a new mapping in XI

Regards,

michal

former_member614185
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

i am also doing the same scenario. did u get the EPC in the ElectronicLabelReponse message?

i am getting the same contents as Query message, so please let me know the configurations to be done in AII.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>My answer: The supplier's system send the IDoc DESADV.DELVRY05 or DESADV.DELVRY03.

try as in standard you have two mappings delivered by the SAP:

DESADV_DELVRY03_DespatchedDeliveryNotificationAbstract

DESADV_DELVRY05_DespatchedDeliveryNotificationAbstract

the main difference is that delvry03 does not have the

E1EPC01 : Delivery Item EPC Segment

so you cannot store the EPC data anywhere I believe...

and delvry05 has it of course

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>