cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Release Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am having a very strange & unexpected situation while creating a new PO using ME21N. Originally, the PO's had a Release Strategy based upon Net Value (GNETW). Just recently I have changed the Release Strategy to one based on EFFWR. I have followed the steps as outlined in this forum for header level PO Release.

What is happening now is that the 'Release Strategy' tab is not even appearing after I save a new PO. The PO value is USD 100,000. On top of this, charges like Freight etc have also been added to the PO. As far as I know, the Release Strategy I have configured should get triggered once there is any value greater than

USD 10,000 in EFFWR. I really am not able to understand why this is happening. Can any of you on this forum help me with this?

Just FYI, I have set the release indicator to 4 & a percentage value of 5%... Would appreciate any input from you all.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Milind,

You had changed release strategy characteristic to EFFWR(Effective value of item) from GNETW  But release strategy of po only trigger for component available in communication structure "CEKKO".

U need to pick component from communication structure cekko for the same.

Go to transaction se11 in field data base table give value cekko and display.

u can check available components for which a new characteristic can be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup, communication structure CEKKO is used for release strategy.....use the fields from CEKKO only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin.

I don't think I explained the situation clearly enough. I have used CEKKO-USRC1 in the characteristic for PO Release. The contents stored in USRC1 is the Sum Total of all EFFWR values in the entire PO. After that, the tab for "Release Strategy" is not appearing even in a newly created PO.

Would appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the format of your character?...Here USRC1 is a CHAR where as EFFWR is a CURR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman.

Thanks for your response. Actually, it was a normal CHAR. And, I did face issues. Due to the issues I was facing, I have made another change in the characteristic. I have changed the field to KTWRT as a trial change to see the effect. As yet, there has been no change, I cannot see the 'Release Strategy' tab. I am not really sure what to do now...

Major help required & immediately.. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained these CHAR values in CL24N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Suman..

Yea I maintained the values in CL24N. Also, I have changed the field to KTWRT in the requisite characteristic. I guess it was a very basic config oversight on my part to assign the Total Effective Value to a CHAR field (USRC1). Lets hope things are ok when I further test the changes.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello prashant,

what is EFFWR? I am not able to find in CEKKO structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milind.

Thanks for your response. EFFWR is the "Actual Value" after Freight + tax + surcharges are added to the item. This is not captured in CEKKO. Its captured in EKPO. The way I have set up the release strategy is that the EFFWR of all items in the PO are summed & the value is stored in USRC1. This particular field - USRC1 - is available in CEKO.

Hope this clears up the confusion.