cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diefference between various specification types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

What is the difference beteween various Substance types like REAL_SUB, LIST_SUB, REAL_GRP.. Can anybody explain exactly in what situation we need to use what ?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

The following specification types are supplied with the standard system for the specification category Substance:

• Real substance (REAL_SUB)

A real substance is one that is physically present in a company.

In the standard system, you can assign one or more materials to the real substance. You can assign values to the value assignment types of a real substance, or transfer values from listed substances using references or inheritance.

• Real substance group (REAL_GRP)

Real substance groups are used to represent families of real substances with the same properties.

• Listed substance (LIST_SUB)

A listed substance is a substance whose properties are described in laws and scientific literature.

Unlike real substances, listed substances are not produced, traded, or used. You can use a listed substance as a "properties model" for a real substance by assigning the listed substance as the source specification in a reference or inheritance relationship.

• Listed substance group

Listed substance groups are used to represent families of listed substances with the same properties.

• Copy template

Copy templates contain predefined value assignments. You can use them to create new specifications for substances

Enjoy SAP….

Don’t forget to give point if its useful ans.

Namskar,

Ketan Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the above specification typess(explained by ketan) are standard SAP. You can create your own specification types depending on the requirement.

For example,

Spection type: ZSPEC1 - Hazardous Material

Spection type: ZSPEC2 - Non Hazardous Material

Based on the specification type you can change the structure of the propert tree, assign proprties/values etc.,

So specification type is mainly used to identify/differentiate the usage and application of the particular specification.

Hope this helps

WR,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan and Sanjeev,

Thanks For your support !!!!!

Sanjeev :

My requirement is similar to your explanation. I have different types of substances. I just want to confirm one thing. There are various types property trees avialable in SPRO. Suppose i have assigned Eh&S trem card property tree to both the substance type 1 and substance type 2. Then can we modify the property tree tabs in EH&S Trem card according to substance type or we need to create two substance trees like EH&S trem card 1 and EH&S trem card 2. Then we need to add EH&S trem card 1 to substance type 1 and EH&S trem card 2 to substance type 2.

Does it make any sense...

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The property tree is like a special view on the available properties (SAP classes and characteristics). Usually you create own prop. trees for a special application (for example maintaining the properties for the tremcard or maintaining data for the Material Safety Data Sheet).

I hope I understood your requirement:

It is possible to assign different property trees to one specification type. But if you want to see different properties in the tremcard property tree based on the spec type you have to create separate property trees and assign them to the spec type.

Hope it helps,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I agree with Andreas. You have to decide the structure of the property tree first. Then for each and every branches of the property tree you should create classes/characteristics. Lets consider the example,

A property tree called 'ZChemical1' and its used in specification type Z10 Hazardous chemicals. It requires 3 branches like

ZChemical1

->Nitrogen content

->Chlorine content

->Iodine content

We need to create these 3 branches as classes in the system with class type 100(substance). Also we need to create characteristics for the limits.

Class: Nitrogen

Characterisitcs1: Min value

Characterisitcs2: Max value

Characterisitcs3: Target value

So you have to create these class/char's before itself and then you have to use the same in configuration(Specify value assignemnt types).

Once you did value assignment, create a proprt tree and link the relevant value assignment.

Finally link the property tree in specification type(Z10). So whenever you the specification type, system will pick up the relevant propert tree.

Hope this clarifies, let me know if you need more clarification.

WR,

Sanjeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your support

-Rajesh