In addition to make to stock, we have a make to order scenario. We receive sales orders that trigger procurement and manufacturing process. In a sales order typically we have 3 type of line items:
1. Standard products (for which production for materials is started when we receive their sales order)
2. Trading goods (these are procured externally and delivered to customer along with Standard Products, such as tool box, etc.)
3. Installation & Support Fee
Please mention configuration steps require for sales order costing and period end closing process.
In addition to MTS configuration , You have to create Costing varint or You can use the Costing varint PPC4. Sales order cost estimate...
1. Check account assignment Categories in this step you have to specify you SO is not a cost object or a cost object..
2. Requirment Class : In requirement class you need to mention so with valuated stock or non valuated stock.. And also define wheter automatic costing and Marking... You need add any costing sheet for additionla overhead. also need mainting RA key ans Settlement profile.
3. Requirement Class will be linked to Requirement Type... Your entire SO process controlled by Requirement Class.
Sit with PP and SD guys for Requirement Class and Requirement types... Most of the setting will be done PP n Sd but impact will be more on CO module..
If you implement COAP then You have to define seperate Costing key to arrive the COGS break Up
If your SO is a cost object then you need perform the month end process at your PO level as well SO level.
If you post special expenses to your SO then you have to RA analysis at your SO level at the month end
Thanks for valuable input. We are using product cost collector / REM.
1. Can we use standard account assignment categories and requirement class? if yes, which one?
2. It appears from your suggestion that we have to run WIP calc., variances and settlement of product cost collector and thereafter sales order settlement. Isn't it?
3. Also we are already using COPA costing sheet. Do we have to configure one more COPA costing sheet for sales order costing?
1. You can use standard account assignment category E or M.
Requirement Class 40 or 46
2. You have to Run WIP, Varinace, Settlement at PCC level and if you SO is a cost objective then you have to run the month end process at SO level I.e RA analysis and SO seetlement
3. Not required costing sheet.It is depends on your business requirement ....