cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewer for SAP DMS using PLM 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) What are the standard viewer capabilities in PLM 7.1 ? on webportal as well as ECC side

2) Whether standard viewers in PLM 7.1 supports Annotation functionality?

3) If I need to implement Annotation functionality in PLM  7.1  what are the possible options?

4) Is it chargeble?

5) Requires any installation?

6) Requires any customization?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to be clear - ECL Viewer is only needed for SAP GUI viewing scenarios, in SAP PLM 7.x web UI the embedded viewer is SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer.

Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

Thanks for this clarification. I was waiting for feedback on this clarification from long time.

Let me define my problem. During DIR review I want to add comments to my original which can be either PDF or DOC file. But I do not want user to touch this files because they will be only in Display mode using config in DC30.

For adding comments I am planning to create additional copy of my DOC file and check-in with another application type which will allow change in the original using config in DC30.

In short I will have two different type of application types for DOC's one with Display option and other with Display and Change. To create additional copy I am using function module.

To avoid all this complex solution, I am planning to use RH viewer. My client is under impression that this is chargeble product but as per my understanding now it is free of cost. I am trying to explore viewer option for PLM 7.01, with your comment now let me explore options of RH viewer.

BR,

Sandeep

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

indeed the RH viewer, which is now called SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer, is free of charge as part of the SAP PLM web UI. It definitely fulfills your redlining requirements.

Regards, Ulf.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

Please have a look at the link for PLM7.1 in help.sap.com. for Q1

1.    2) Yes From PLM WUI 7.1 Redlining is possible

3)The viewer (RH) is used for product visualization

4)No charges as it is  part of business suite.

6)Little bit of customizing (refer notes in PLM-WUI-APP-VWR)

Best Regards,

Pragya

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Pragya,  Thanks for the inputs.  I need two things.  1) Whether I need to install it on my machine or it is default.  2) Whether I need to do some configuration in dc30?  BR, Sandeep
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Yes,You need to install ECL viewer 7.0 for improving your viewing capabilities of different file formats.

Please look at the link below.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/New+ECL+Viewer+7.0+-+Release+information

If any information needed further please let me know.

Regards,

Praveen