Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDS report in Report Information System

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Have couple of queries related to MSDS report in Report Information System.

1) For the purpose of displaying Company Information in section 1 of MSDS, have used parameter report symbols under - CVDSENADRC EHS: Address data for initiator (sales organization) for report symbol group 05 Parameter: Shipping point-dependent data. (e.g. EHS_SNNAM1 NAME1, EHS_SNNAM2 NAME2, EHS_SNCTY CITY1 etc.)

Now when I preview the report in CG02 using report from template or in Report Information System (CG54) after generating report, as these are parameter symbols, it is promted to enter the data for user entries. My question here is, can values for these parameter symbols be defaulted? So that every time when user opens the report in Report Information System, he/she does not need to enter the same data all over again. In our case, as there is only one plant, address data for all the specification / material is going to remain same and it is cumbersome for user to enter same data manually every time he /she opens the report.

Please note that there is no Report shipping scenario involved.

2) We have another requirement of opening MSDS report in PDF directly in Report Information System (Tcode: CG54). It is possible to create PDF during report shipping, but we do not have report shipping scenaio. It is required that report opens in PDF directly in CG54. Is it possible? how? I have seen SAP note: 0001535067, but I believe it is for Report shipping and Report Export.

Appreciate early reply.

Thanks.

Regards,

Niraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

We have the name of the sales organization in the generation variant.

In a function module, we start from the generation variant to find the address data in ADRC.

Advantage is that you have these contact details available in the raw sds.

Downside is that you may need additional generation variant.

Kind regards,

Luk

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luk,

Can you please explain me details how you have mapped this scenario? Which FM is used and where?

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

The function modules we use are custom build.

An example FM you can check for interface is C128_DUMMY_CONVERSION_METHOD

the first 4 characters of the generation variant correspond to the sales organisation.

The code looks somewhat like the following:

DATAW_SO(4) TYPE C,

W_ADDR TYPE ADRNR,

W_EMAIL TYPE AD_SMTPADR,

W_RES TYPE TDLINE,

W_RECN TYPE RCGLSYSELC-RECNTLP,

W_RCGLSYSELC TYPE RCGLSYSELC.

" Assign the import of Selection criteria for symbol values to a locale variable. After that, get the RECN from the RGV.

W_RCGLSYSELC = I_SEL_CRIT.

W_RECN = W_RCGLSYSELC-RECNTLP.

" Select Sales Organization, first 4 characters from the name of RGV are equal to the name of SO...

SELECT SINGLE LDEPID FROM ESTLP INTO W_SO WHERE RECN = W_RECN.

" Select the Adress RECN from the SO. Adress data is saved in table ADRC with a unique adnr key...

SELECT SINGLE ADRNR FROM TVKO INTO W_ADDR WHERE VKORG = W_SO.

IF SY-SUBRC EQ 0.

SELECT SINGLE SMTP_ADDR FROM ADR6 INTO W_EMAIL WHERE ADDRNUMBER = W_ADDR.

IF SY-SUBRC EQ 0 AND ( W_EMAIL NE ' ' OR W_EMAIL NE '' ).

W_RES = W_EMAIL.

ELSE.

W_RES = 'Not available.'.

ENDIF.

ELSE.

W_RES = 'Not available.'.

ENDIF.

X_RCGLSYVAL-VAL_STRING = W_RES.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Luk

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luk,

Thanks a lot. Very helpful answer.

I was looking for some standard solution.

Regards,

Niraj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niraj

CG50 and CG54 does provide some user exits. You could try to use them. You would mark e.g. one report (matmaster), sales organisaiton is defined (in the user parameter) and then you could, by using one of the exits, try to program a function module retrieving the WWI file using the WWI (normally locally installed) and then may be start a further Windows process (like in report shipment on WWI level to generate the PDF on client level and then to call afterwards e.g. Adobe Reader on top and then display the PDF file locally. This is only a description on high level.

From technical point of view you might find a solution. From business point of view (or may be different view) this is not an "effective" solution. Reason: during the display process in CG54/CG50 you would need to go through tthe process "any" day depending on user activities in CG54/CG50. Therefore many companies use the report shipment process (e.g. EXP_CALL) to generate the document "once" and then pass it on (with additional information) to "portals" etc. there the user does have selection critieria to find the right report (e.g. material number) using the right sales organization etc.

Therefore there is only "one" generation process of final report and not many. Only in the case a new released report is used the EXP_CALL need to be triggered and a mechanism is needed in the portal to replace the old report with the new report.

This solutions does have in real live many benefits (e.g. extrnal portal, internal portals etc.).

One of the main "problems" is the matrix of material number, sales organization ,and then the right report.

With best regards

C.B.

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please bfief me at high level for generating document once and pass it on to portal? Or if you can provide any link where I can get this information?

I have not worked on such scenario. Does it require a separate hardware?

Regards,

Niraj

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niraj

one topic I missed to add:

You can use cg54 to prepare a subsequent shipment of MSDS to "internal" recipients. On a high level you will get may be idea in taking a look at SAP Help chapter:

Report Shipping (EHS-SAF-RSH) => Report Recipient

Coming back to the other topic:

As you know the report shipment is done SAP EH&S side using some reports which are scheduled (in most cases once a day). Basis of this report is customizing to support normally the SD process (normal MSDA shipment). But you can prepare in customizing so called "EXP_CALL"s. In doing so you can "export" a "final" report to e.g. a files system (as PDF file) to gether with key information (like in MSDS import but now the other way around). You can include in the export file e.g.

a.) material number

b.) Material text

c.) Sales organization

d.) Gen Var

e.) Language of report

f.) Version of report

and other stuff like name of PDF file

Normally the files are generated and dispatched to a "file server" there now other software can take care about that. There are a lot of software available on market to support this process. From User perspective the user could get a normal HTML side etc. to select e.g.:

Material number etc. (like above) and if the system is selecting a report the data is shown normally on an "intermediate" screen havign a button like "Show report" and the by selecitng the "right one" the user would gte the PDF file shown on client level

May be refer to OSS note: 1096697. This is the most important OSS note regarding MSDS shipment (and an EXP_CALL is a "subtype2 of a shipment

May be this helps.

C.B.

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thanks for the reply.

Will tomwork on the same and update the thread.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Although this may not be a good practice but since there is only One plant with constant address,you can opt for the 'fix address' on template itself.

Regards

Amol Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Another Solution:

Default Parameters for Reports    

Use

In report management and the report information system, you can use default parameters to fill symbols of symbol type Parameter with valid values for displaying and printing reports so that the user need not enter values manually.

The SAP system determines the currently valid values for symbols of symbol type Parameter at the shipping stage.

Prerequisites

You have made the following settings in Customizing for Basic Data and Tools:

• Under Specify Report Symbol Groups, you have defined the report symbol groups for the determination of default parameters and assigned the required function modules.
  • Under Check and Specify Report Symbols, you have assigned the required report symbol groups to the report symbols. 
  • Under Check Identification Listing, you have defined the identification listing D_MATNAM according to your requirements.

Features

Default Parameters

For the user exit, function modules are delivered with the standard system that determine the appropriate values for an initiator (sales organization) or material number. You must distinguish between the following parameter symbols:

• Parameter symbols that depend on an initiator
  • Parameter symbols that have a reference to a material

The default parameter value for the material name is determined as follows:

If the material exists in the SAP system, the first 132 characters of the basic data long text are displayed in the logon language.

If no basic data long text exists, the material short text is displayed in the logon language.

If no material short text exists, the identifier that the SAP system determined in accordance with the identification listing D_MATNAM is displayed.

If no appropriate identifier exists, the specification key is displayed as the default value.

Temporary Overwriting

In report management, you can overwrite the default parameters manually. In the report information system, overwriting is forbidden by default. However, you can set up this option with the appropriate authorization.

The changed values are not saved. They are only used for the current transaction.

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

In the IMG activity: Specify Report Symbol Groups, for report symbol group 05, Foreign - Key FM module is assigned: C12N_DEFAULT_PARAM_VKORG_NEW.

It is bringing the Sales Org. Address data as default values.

My only confusion here is, when I did Create Report Using Template, it did not ask me any Sales Org. (Initiator) no. but still it is displaying the data for one particular SO.  How can we change SO (Initiator)?

Regards,

Niraj

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got the solution.

Apart from assigning the FM, there is user profile also involved.

It was taking one particular SO address data as the same SO ID was maintained in the User profile for my user ID for parameter ID: VKO in parameters tab page.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Problem 1 is resolved. Any solution to problem 2?

Regards,

Niraj