Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sessions refresh in CMC not working properly

former_member184512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CMC < sessions or CMC < monitoring< sessions

When I click refresh also some times we are able to see old sessions also. I.e. Today(7/2) I did session refresh at 5.15PM, even after refresh I see session on one user name which taken place on june 30th 3.45PM and also july 1st 10.25AM

As per my understanding from admin guide when ever we click refresh it need to update latest sessions. But It get failed on end. Do I need to any settings in CMC or server?

Please help me out.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jmsrpp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Which version and SP/FP level is your system at? 

The page does execute a query to get the latest sessions from the CMS but in some cases those sessions could still be active.  For example, if a user is connected from a client tool such as Designer or Desktop Intelligence and has left the application open and running on their desktop for a lengthy period of time.

I ask about the version and patch level because in older versions of XI3.1 (pre-SP3 primarily) there were some defects that caused sessions to hang around much longer than expected.

former_member184512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

we are on 4.0 SP2 P12.

Users do not have access to prod or QA system through client tools, so no chance of them leaving an page left.

when it comes to execution of reports through BI, we have setted out session time out as 30 minsutes. so if user forgets and left the page idle then session will get off after 30mins. so I belive that session will get kill after 30mins. so there do not be any session visible to me in CMC.

But today I am not able to 7/1 session and 7/2 session, i mean to say that it automatically getting out of strucked session information.

Not sure how really session concepts works in BO. I tried to read admin gudie but did not get its techincal functionality.

jmsrpp
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sessions can also be re-invoked for up to 24 hours by use of a logon token.  Although the session will expire after 30 minutes, a user can re-instantiate the session automatically by continuing their navigation in the same browser or tab.  This behavior is controlled by a setting called logontoken.enabled property in the BILaunchpad.properties file.