cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IntegratedSecurity using MSSQL JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to connect from SAP PI 7.31 to a MS SQL database using IntegratedSecurity (Integrated Authentication) in order to avoid the need of update user and password in each communication channel.  Has anyone done that?

I read this help from MS:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378428.aspx

but I have doubts on where should I copy the file sqljdbc_auth.dll.  Also is not clear for me if that is the only file I have to provide.  JDBC driver is already deployed on the system and working fine when using normal user and password.  I am using the option "IntegratedSecurity=true" on the connection string, but the channel is reporting an error with the following exception:

"com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication"

Many thanks in advance.

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

finally I copied the into "<INSTALL_DIR>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64" and it works now.

I hadn't tried deploying it toghether with the JDBC driver as this system is running on top of MS SQL server so I didnt need to deploy the driver at all as it was already there.

Just one remark for those interested in using IntegratedSecurity, make sure that the DLL you copy in the server is same version that the JDBC driver, in my first try I copied the DLL from the newest available driver (4.0) and it crashed the java stack.  Then I copied the one from the  one corresponding to the installed JDBC (2.0) and it worked fine.

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I have also same requirement to connect from SAP PI 7.31 to a MS SQL database using IntegratedSecurity (Integrated Authentication)

"com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication"

Accroding to your suggestion I copied 'sqljdbc_auth.dll' to  "<INSTALL_DIR>\SYS\exe\uc\LINUX86 64" but still I am getting same exception.

This .dll file version is 2.0 according my JDBC driver 2.0

Please suggest me on the same.

Thank you very much.

With Best Regards,

Sateesh

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I haven't read it anywhere, but I would expect this only to work if your PI system is running on a windows server, not a Linux one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswar & Nicolas,

Thanks for your suggestions, My PI system is running on Linux version.

I downloaded linux version of  "sqljdbc_auth.dll" file and copied to "<INSTALL_DIR>\SYS\exe\uc\LINUX86 64" .

and also I follwed SAP note also(2063879)mentioned above , but not helps to me my where the file should be copied in case of PI running with Linux version.

Any more hints on this if PI running on Linux version ,If possibility then where I can copied this file 'sqljdbc_auth.dll'?

Thank you.
Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by a Linux version of a dll file? As far as I know, DLL are windows binary files. That is why I said that I will never imaging this working on a Linux server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

MS SQL driver version available for both windows and Linux environment.

I downloaded this 4.0 version from this link and I have collected this .dll from 4.0 driver.

Download Microsoft JDBC Drivers 4.2 (Preview), 4.1 and 4.0 for SQL Server from Official Microsoft Do...

Installation Instructions for the UNIX version of the JDBC Driver

• 1. Download sqljdbc_<version>_<language>.tar.gz to a temporary directory.

Thank you.

Sateesh

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms378428(v=SQL.90).aspx#Connectingintegrated

"...copy the sqljdbc_auth.dll file to a directory on the Windows system path on the computer where the JDBC driver is installed..."

I try putting the dll in the sda and deploy it.

Regards.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>but I have doubts on where should I copy the file sqljdbc_auth.dll

have you tried adding it the JDBC driver file (SDA) for MSSQL and deploy again on PI ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

thanks for your answer, just checked it but is not helpful in this case.

Nicolas