Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD information

former_member719672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to install the BOXI R3.1SP3 on new host. We have Windows-AD enable on our current setup. I would like to know if after installtion of the BOXI R3.1 SP3 on new host with the backup of CMS repository from  the current system, the Windows AD information will get automatically poplulated or not(I mean the group information and all other setup).

Or we will need to enable the Windows AD authetication again on the new server.

Please help me with this.

Many thanks!!!

Regards,
Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

If I understood correctly your question, you are going to point your new installation to an existing CMS database and filestore.

That will keep the existing CMC AD settings: user, default domain, groups mapped, etc.

However, there are few things you must have into account:

1. The SIA must be started by a domain service account that should be local admin in the new server
  2. You have to copy the krb5.ini and bscLogin.conf and modify the Tomcat or your WAS settings to use them.
  3. The web.xml in InfoViewApp and OpenDocument have to be modified accordingly if you are using SSO.

Regards,
Julian

former_member719672
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Many thanks for your reply!!!

I have one more query regarding this, we have some SPN also created on our web servers. Can we create those SPN's registered with the same service account on new server as well?

Regards,

Deepak

julian_jimenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

You can add the new SPNs to the service account:

HTTP/newWASserver

It will be the same as adding new Web application servers for your current installation.

Regards,
Julian

former_member719672
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Julian for all your help!!!

Answers (0)