Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object: Original object cannot be replaced

michael_teran
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Requests with some objets (a search help ) when I import to QAS everything is ok. My problem is When I import to PRD. It shows an error  "original object cannot be replaced". SAP  proposes to follow the procedure (If you still want to import the object, repeat the import with Unconditional Mode 2)

I read some web pages  they recommend to re-import but changing the option Overwrite Originals ... and I did it .... the result it was the same ... the same error

Can anybody know  how to solve my problem?

THanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brunobex
Active Participant

Hi Michael,

First please make sure this request has only customer objects Z, Y

Put the request in the stms queue again and try importing with the options below:

Regards

Bruno Xavier.

7 REPLIES 7

brunobex
Active Participant

Hi Michael,

First please make sure this request has only customer objects Z, Y

Put the request in the stms queue again and try importing with the options below:

Regards

Bruno Xavier.

0 Kudos

But I change a standard search help MEKK

What options I should check?

brunobex
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I still keep all same options, this should work, I've been through a similar situation in past and was well resolved.

In doubt, please check each option in detail in the SAP help link below:

Starting an Import: Options:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5c/d21880fe3c11d2b461006094b9ea64/content.htm

Regards

Bruno Xavier.

0 Kudos

Thank you ... it works!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me it didn't.

But I found out that the objects that wouldn't import had their original system set to production, not development.

I set system change option to modifiable in production first (in SE03).

I changed the objects' original system to development (also in SE03, Change object directory entries), in both development and production.

and transported the objects again.

This, plus doing what was explained here already, did the trick for me.

0 Kudos

Hi Bruno Xavier,

It worked fine Thank you.

0 Kudos
Problem solved. thanks 🙂