cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning (adding) Custom Transaction to RF Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to assign(add) Custom Z transaction to RF Menu. I need to set up the RF Menu to have tis custom Z Transaction under one of the existing menu. Where can I do this under IMG..can you please advise me as it is very urgent. Also can you guide me through steps involved. I have my transport request under which I have to save this changes. Please help. Also where can I find under IMG the existing RF t codes under different Menus?

Jess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jessica,

Create a new entry in the table with your login id, Menu=MAIN00 and appropriate queue. Just follow the screenshot that I have sent you before.

FYI.

In RF Queue Management, you can define Queues and assign queues to different Users. Also a specific Queue can be assigned to a specific movements between a particular Source and Destination Storage type combinations as well as picking areas. So that when you do System Guided Picking, that particular user who is assigned to a particular Queue would only be able to execute the TOs created for these specific movements.

Regards,

Mohan Ganganala

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohan,

This HU Scanning tcode is not relevant to any particular storage/destination type or door so should I leave *** in all columns? And for myself to access LM00 is it ok to add my userid to any existing MAIN00 queue? will that work?

Thanks

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jessica,

You can leave the queue field blank and proceed. May be you can configure that when your client wants this transaction to be accessible only for a specific group of users. Just go ahead and create a new entry in LRFMD tcode with Warehouse No., User , Status (mark it as 'X') , Default screen size (Usually 16X20 or 8X40) & Main menu MAIN00. This should be the final step and you are good to begin with your testing.

Good Luck

Cheers,

Mohan Ganganala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I have never seen anyone doing this much help in detail. This is call real SAP FAMILY. Stay in touch.

Thanks a Lot. It worked fine without queue number and I was able to follow up through LM00 and other menu.

Jess

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jessica,

It would be much easier for me to help you if you could send me the screenshots of the following config steps in your system. Also is this first custom RF transaction in your system or do you have any other z transactions in place ?

1. Menu Path

SPRO --> IMG--> Logistics Execution-->Mobile Data Entry-->RF Queue Management

Under this Menu

a) Define Queues

I believe you have already defined Queues here

b) Assign Areas and Activities to Queues

Believe you have already defined this before.

c) Assign Processor to Queues (tcode - LRFMD)

Also, please refer to the RF queue management config in the document below

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fe5af4e9-0d01-0010-6784-97811700d...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d2/02d33e7a16d311ae620060b03c9bbe/content.htm

Regards,

Mohan Ganganala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I am not able to put screen shots can you tell me how to do it. I am desperately waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

yes I do see queues in defined queue and also in assigning areas/activities there are some line already there. In assign users to queue there are some users entries there but not mine. Let me know how to proceed

Thanks

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Do I have to create new queue or just add myself to any existing queue with Menu = MAIN00?

Please Confirm..

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

To answer your latest question regarding the dynamic menu, yes you are absolutely right. The first entry in the table with MAIN00 is for menu display, if you notice in the same entry Menu/trans should be 1, which is nothing but menu display( 2 for transaction). So, go ahead and create that table entry as you have mentioned above.

Secondly, in order to test the same after you have configured everything as discussed, you need to assign the processor(your id) to Queue.

1. Menu Path

SPRO --> IMG--> Logistics Execution-->Mobile Data Entry-->RF Queue Management

Under this Menu

a) Define Queues

I believe you have already defined Queues here

b) Assign Areas and Activities to Queues

Believe you have already defined this before.

c) Assign Processor to Queues (tcode - LRFMD)

Create a new entry as shown below (Make sure the status is checked. You can check the IMG activity documentation for additional details.)

2. Now if you execute LM00, your screen should like the one below on which you click save and system automatically takes you to the next available screen. In the next screen you find Shipping menu and the custom tcode would be displayed in the sequential order you have configured.

3. Once you click on the transaction as mentioned in step2, the program screen will be displayed and you can test the new functionality there.

Hope its cleared now.

Thanks & Regards,

Mohan Ganganala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Terrific way to explain. excellent. One thing I want to ask you that define queue, asigning area and activities to queue is required for z transaction to appear on RF screen?? Because i can define queue that is not a problem here but source s type, destination s type and all that info i am not sure what is applicable as this is simply custom RF transaction to scan HU and display associated sales order data on follow up screen so it is not specific to any storag type or destination type or door...can I just put *** in all column in areas so it will applicable to whole warehouse....???/please advise as following your steps I am very close to this big task..so I need your help to achieve this..

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Also in assigning areas and activities to the queue I am not sure what I shoudl pick for screen..as it give only three options: for stock removal, for stock placement or single item screen?? please advise fo HU scanning what I should pick.

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

You can do that in either way. But adding the custom Z transaction to the existing Menu wouldn't involve much configuration as everything is already in place. Usually we do like 6 Menu/transactions per Screen and if I have to give the sequence number as 7 in the above config I mentioned before, I would go for a new Menu.

Also, check with your developer for any custom screen that he/she has built for this Z transaction. They should be able to provide you with the screen numbers. Custom screens are assgined under the menu path below

SPRO --> IMG--> Logistics Execution-->Mobile Data Entry-->Define Screen Management.

Info.

Define Screen Management

In this section you configure the settings of the screens.

1. Define logical screen names:

Since a transaction can be displayed in two different formats (narrow and large format), it is important that you assign a number to each logical screen. This is done within the program.

If you wish to define new screens, you must enter these in the table and also provide them with a number and a text description.

2. Define screen management:

Physical screens with different screen formats are assigned to each logical screen:

1. Narrow format (16X20)
    2. Large format (8X40)
    3. Narrow format with minimum number of fields (16X20MIN)

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Mohan Ganganala

Former Member
0 Kudos

have one query i.e I want to change the credit days of one of my customer .Please advise me which code I will use in SAP 4 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

My manager told me to do only assignement of Z transaction to Existing Menu. So I will follow your exact steps. Now he asked me to test so I ccan I test the t code I just try executing that T code in same client? Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

When I see here it shows under Dynamic Menu Column for our warehouse, 6 sequences for which Dynamic Menu description says MAIN00. I believe it is Main Menus. Now for sequence # 2 which is SHIPPING and under Menu/Transaction it says SD00 and I believe this is main menu. So I want to assign my transaction to this SD00 then my entries shoudl be like below.

Dynamic Menu - SD00

Sequence # whichever comes next

Menu Text - XXXXX

Menu/Trns Type - 2

Menu/Trns - Z T Code

Short Text - XXXX

Please confirm with your expert advise.

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Here is the IMG menu path for RF device (mobile data entry) in SAP.

SPRO --> IMG--> Logistics Execution-->Mobile Data Entry

New or Custom t-codes are assigned in Define Menu Management under the above path. You can assign the Z tcode to one of the existing Menu here. You just have to create a new entry as shown below. Make sure you give the right sequence number for the transaction ( the sequence or order in which you want your custom tcode to display on RF screen). Menu/trans should be set to 2 as you are calling a transaction here.

Reward if helpful.

Best Regards,

Mohan Ganganala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Your advise is very detailed and very helpful. I completely understood your advise. Only one doubt here that Other than this do I have to do any table entry or any screen setup to assign custom t code to RF menu or this is enough?? please advise..

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

This Custom Z Transaction is about Scanning HU and displaying various HU related data now from list of Menus should I assign it to Existing Menu or create new menu? will this new menu be a sub menu and if so how do you define submenu? please advise in this mateer as well?

Jess

Former Member
0 Kudos

have one query i.e I want to change the credit days of one of my customer .Please advise me which code I will use in SAP 4 .