cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have some sort of a Coffee Corner back again, please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every now and again I visit the "About SCN" space to see whether David Halitsky is still alive or Olivier Chretien has killed anyone, or, some smart person has spotted a silly ponits game before the mods did... 😉

But no luck so far. It has fallen dead silent...

They are all still there I am sure but not posted anymore, and some big sport events even happened but I cannot find a "Coffee Corner" equivalent on the new SCN anymore.

Takes a lot of the charm out of it for me and I certainly miss it as well as the contact to other SAP folks outside of the usual "whats new" and "how does it work" discussions in the technical areas.

Anyone else feel the same way and would like to have a general banter and polite "sorry to agree with you" area / space again?

I would promise to contribute as well.. (the rats are back in the roof again and the missus wants a new kitchen... according to Otto a new kitchen means a new house as wrapper around it so I am interested in any SAP APIs to carpenters, electricians, etc. I heard that p_action 'D' with actvt '06' access is needed as well as some advanced BPM which is very disruptive. Some of the folks I know are now also married for the 3rd time because the first 2 houses didn't work out very well).

This makes me very scared:  huge cultural gaps and potential for misunderstandings but no Coffee Corner..!!  😉

Cheers,

Julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181915
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry guys...bringing back the Coffee Corner is long overdue.  I am submitting the request today to have it as a subspace in About SCN.  Lead time for the request will likely be 4 weeks.  (Yes I know, but the requests are part of the SCRUM process that IT uses now. 

Once it's established, we'll put out an announcement.

Best,

Jeanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Super!  🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know when it will be available, I really miss Coffee Corner

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

You can follow the document--we update that document every time new spaces go live.

Regards,

Audrey

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's September! "Are we there yet"? In just one week it won't be "early September" anymore, it will be "late September". C'mon, SAP...

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I can report that the space has been created and is now being prepared for launch early next week. Thanks for everyone's patience!

--Audrey

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And here it is: http://scn.sap.com/community/coffee-corner

Moving this discussion there!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faintly suspect that the greater community is waiting with baited breath (and possibly even pilling up sandbags around a few coding constructs) for DHJ to appear and either find some fault in all this or pass a papal wave of approval..  😉

Questions about kitchen utilities and their (internet capable) software will follow shortly.

(the missus wants to be able to send an SMS to the coffee machine to instruct it to do things, but I want her to logon via SAPGui first).

Cheers,

Julius

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LOL.  I've refrained from moving his over at my own behest (using my own authority) and imagine we should wait for special requests from the baited-breathless community.....or not.

I did a reverse lookup of the old threads and it took me back to 2005.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Funny, I also thought how would react, as he wasn't all that happy with the turn that CC took since it was introduced. Here is the chance to also highlight some more serious discussions to be moved over.

Thomas

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was funny and it only took one thread in before someone requested the hookup of the devices.

Actually I posted several "old gems" and realized that those conversations while interesting were always the exception and not the complete rule.  However some of the issues discussed even from 2007/2008 appear to be relevant today. 

Take care,

Stephen

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However some of the issues discussed even from 2007/2008 appear to be relevant today

Yes, interesting that some of the same core issues are indeed  technology/platform/migration agnostic.  I had the same impression you had Stephen, when I did my search for old threads, that issues discussed back in time are relevant today.  Particularly was caught by the conversation Former Member generated around quality: What happened to the morality of the SDN members?. And another by Michael Nicholls called: "Is it just me, or are are there more "trivial" blogs appearing?" Both posted in Janurary of 2007,

Some things change and stay the same....sigh.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yay!

After your kitchen-implementation, you shall never be the same! Trust me in this, I did it (again). As soon as I found out, the floor needed new coating, I knew I was damned .

So, is the coffee-corner back already?

Also: hello Oliver *duckincomingmissiles*

former_member181915
Contributor
0 Kudos

Request for Coffee Corner was approved and is part of Sprint 6!  We should have it early September.  Stay tuned!

Jeanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Sprint6 something like a double-espresso when a serious hang-over does not back-off by the mid afternoon?

Anyway, as you can see we want our CC back again so that we can carry on regardless without bothering the SCN team.. 😉

Julius

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to see some familiar names returning, looking forward to CC, and thanks to the avatars now we finally know how looks like!

Cheers

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just came to browse coffee corner after a long time.

Ahh the masters are still alive and good that most of them share the common feeling of bringing the old coffee corner again 🙂

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

great news!

out of curiosity: does creating a new (sub-)space for SCN require a full development cycle? requirement, specification, validation, programming, testing, documentation ... or isn't it just a click, an input field to enter the space name and  voilá? I mean, a 2-month time span just for a new space?

Anyway, looking very much forward to have CC back in place even though I believe that the usual CC style of discussion will be a nice challenge for the SCN discussions layout 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same thoughts, but decided that the urgency of my need for help about kitchen appliances were a bias and I should not be "pushy" about it as for others it is not a high priority, so I let it go. As long as we have a CC back in the near future I am very happy.

I also suspect that with the new SCN the change management procedures were reinvented and the good old days of SAP_ALL for everyone in IT are probably over..  😉

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thomas Zloch wrote:

Good to see some familiar names returning, looking forward to CC

Cheers

Thomas

Somebody missed me?

Ooooh I love these silly emoticons (Isn't that what they used to call it, back in the days?)

pk

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After four weeks I finally read this (discussion was started during my vacation), great initiative, thank you JB and JC!

Since all coffee corner threads were moved to "About SCN" during migration, we might want to have these (at least those created until March 11th, 2012) moved to the new space then, right?

Thomas

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might be able to incluence Olivier's killing rate by creating fake-accounts and replying to his posts calling him Oliver, which didn't happen a lot lately methinks.

BTT: I'm also missing the coffee corner a lot... even though "about SCN" was supposed to be a replacement, all I see lately are scarily staged SCN-self-promotions and "kindly do the needy"-threads.

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, we really need it,

SCN is missing the Humor of community people.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally! I really missed it. Hope to hear more about Julius's adventures in property ownership.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

No, I did not kill anyone !

But the new forum layout is so "user friendly" that I don't have anymore pleasure to use it. Seeing how most of the forums are quiet now (except from the usual "please do my job" messages) it seems that I am not the only one to feel "the same"...

So, I check the forums from time to time but I post now very seldom. I have never been here for "ponits" but for information and fun, and I think that I gave much more help than I received.

I agree that this is a sad situation but I cannot do anything about it.

Cheers anyway,

Olivier

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But Olivier - SCN is so much better now? You will get used to it with time! Change is always difficult. etc etc etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You both need to be above such things: you need to get used to getting used to it...

Then you are a master.  😉

Cheers,

Julius

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Julius - a sight for sore eyes.

Now that you are back, and have raised this question, I am sure someone will listen.

I raised this question twice myself, but all I got for my pains was an assurance that scn is so much better now and I will get used to it.