Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP in Eclipse Installation Error

0 Kudos

I am trying to install ABAP in Eclipse  and getting below error.

does any one any idea how to resolve it.

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: ABAP Development Tools - Core 1.0.2 (com.sap.adt.tools.feature.group 1.0.2)

Missing requirement: ABAP Development Tools Communication Framework 1.0.2 (com.sap.adt.fwk.ci.feature.group 1.0.2) requires 'org.eclipse.mylyn.commons.feature.group [3.4.3,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: ABAP Development Tools - Core 1.0.2 (com.sap.adt.tools.feature.group 1.0.2)

To: com.sap.adt.fwk.ci.feature.group [1.0.0,2.0.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got it Fixed. Some Packages were missing, Installation is successful.

But since we don't have SAP Netwaver 7.31 cannot connect to SAP Backend.

22 REPLIES 22

Got it Fixed. Some Packages were missing, Installation is successful.

But since we don't have SAP Netwaver 7.31 cannot connect to SAP Backend.

0 Kudos

we have the same issue. it appears that support starts at 7.03... naturally, we are at 7.02. I continue to find it frustrating to not have access to new tools because our environment does not allow us to do updates so often... but whose does?

how did they pick 7.03 as the baseline? what is in 7.03 that is NOT in 7.02?

so again, another tool that i will not get to use. pardon my absolute frustration.

OlgaDolinskaja
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

you can try it out with the SAP NetWevaer 7.03 SP4 Trial:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/30a6dbb2-a774-2e10-ee83-9f6432973545

Best Regards,

Olga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

how did you fixed your problem of your missing Packages?

I am getting the same issue.

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: ABAP Development Tools 1.0.3 (com.sap.adt.core.feature.group 1.0.3)

Missing requirement: ABAP Development Tools Connectivity 1.0.2 (com.sap.adt.connectivity.feature.group 1.0.2) requires 'org.eclipse.platform.feature.group [3.6.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: ABAP Development Tools 1.0.3 (com.sap.adt.core.feature.group 1.0.3)

To: com.sap.adt.connectivity.feature.group [1.0.2]

Regards,

Awadhesh

0 Kudos

Hi Asashesh,

in the "Get Started" section a note is linked, which points to the installation guide. On page 20/21 some prerequisites are listed, that have to be available in your Eclipse instance to install/run the ABAP Developement Tools for SAP Netweaver.

Best Regards

Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix

I've installed the plugins on page 20/21

org.eclipse.emf.ecore

org.eclipse.emf.databinding.edit

org.eclipse.emf.workspace

org.eclipse.emf.validation

org.eclipse.mylyn.commons

org.eclipse.mylyn.context_feature

But the error still exists.

Could this be a problem within the ADT package?

Best Regards

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Awadhesh,

i had the same error because i used the wrong eclipse version.

Please check your eclipse version (3.6 or 3.7)

Regards

Bernd

0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

There are many downloads on http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

I downloaded Eclipse Classic 4.2.

I am not sure if eclipse version 3.6/3.7 are from the same download.

should i download some another package from the site?

I think i have to download some other package along with the one given by SAP.

Regards,

Awadhesh

0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for replying.

Currently i am facing issue with eclipse due to proxy issue.

First i will try to update for plugins at home with same version.

if it still gives the same issue then i will download 3.7.2 with your link and try.

Regards,

Awadhesh

0 Kudos

Hi Awadhesh,

with the first version of ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver we just support the client versions 3.7 (recommended) and 3.6, currently.

We started working on adaptations of our plug-ins to Eclipse 4.2 changes.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've installed ADT - seems to be OK, are there a NW system to work with and test ADT??

Many thanks

BR

M

0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

I've created the Wiki Page: AiE easy installation where you can download a so called P2F file that will allow you to install all required components without manually searching them.

Best regards

Gregor

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Massimiliano,

you can use the 7.31 Trialversion of AS ABAP.

Find more information in the blog: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29607

Kind Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I downloaded Eclipse 4.2 and got the same error:

Missing requirement: ABAP Development Tools Connectivity 1.0.2 (com.sap.adt.connectivity.feature.group 1.0.2) requires 'org.eclipse.platform.feature.group [3.6.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

I had to do 2 things to get the package to install:

1. In the 'Install New Software' tab, download 'Eclipse Platform 4.2.0

2. In the ABAP Development Tools package, use WinRAR to edit the content.jar file, and change the version requirement up to 4.2.0:

<required name="org.eclipse.platform.feature.group" range="[4.2.0,4.2.0)" namespace="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu" greedy="false"/>

Youll have to restart Eclipse before you can install the ABAP packages, as it seems to cache the install files.

I cant guarantee this workaround wont cause problems because of versioning / compatibility later on... but it will get you past this install error.

Cheers, Andrew.

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

There are some issues known that won't work with Eclipse 4.2, currently. Therefore, we recommend to use Eclipse 3.7.

However, (as already mentioned) we are working on adaptations of our plug-ins to Eclipse 4.2 changes. I will keep you informed.

Michael

0 Kudos

ABAP Development Tools for SAP NetWeaver 1.0.6 are available on the SAP Service Market Place, now. This version also supports Eclipse 4.2.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

finally solved problem with Windows version: set environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_PATH, written in capital letters.

Now ADT is able to find my SAP connection from SAPGUI logon pad.

Linux version doesn't  work, an error occurs while reading configuration file from our internal javagui site.

Best regards

M

0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor, that solved my issue

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

My installation is done. but at the creation of project i'm getting an error 

"An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

com/sap/mw/jco3/eclipse/Registry "

Please help if you have any idea to solve

0 Kudos

How did you fix it?

0 Kudos

You can find the solution here: https://answers.sap.com/comments/13037700/view.html