cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TBTCP sequential read when SDP94 is loaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DP Experts,

While trying to figure out some unpredictable load time in SDP94 with various selections, I note in session overviw that  the batch job table TBTCP is being read with session put on hold.

Can someone explain why this seemingly unrelated table is  read when I am loading interactive planning book esp. in the context of slow selection loading time in interactive planning

Thanks

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member492024
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I have been searching about table TBTCP. It is related to livecache, so when you be running data on //SDP94 it will be called. The slow performance might be due livecache inconsistencies or obsole entries in table TBTCP. Talk with your basis team in order to get this table consistent and update.

The best regards,

Michel Bohn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michel,

BASIS did look into this and changed some LC parameters and limits. This loading time is a tad better now but large selections (that planners cant avoid) and drill downs for fast planning warrants the the loading time is order or magnitude less than what it is now. I am talking of  0.4 mn CVC's, 25 key figures and 48 time buckets - stoarge. This is not a huge data per se. If I want to load the full selection, I expect it to load in 15 seconds and drills downs in 3 seconds or less based on prior experience at another customer site on same release.

Would you have some consulting note or document that treats performance management step by step. I referredto best practices document that has a sort of flowchart of what to invetigate if performance suffers but I could only do so much

Thanks once again

Guru

Answers (0)