cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10 issue of QTD, PER measures on a YTD application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a typical type of issue related to measures in BPC 10.0.  In our implementation project we had used a YTD application/model for storing data. However when we try to run the reports for this model we can see the YTD values of measures as desired however the QTD and Periodic values for the same measures do not change accordingly.

It will be really appreciating if we get some more insight to understand the behaviour of measures on a YTD model wrt to QTD and PER measures.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am also facing similar Issue. QTD is returning value as of YTD.

I want to know what setting needs to maintain to correct it in UJA_MAINTAIN_MEASURE_FORMULA program and  &  UJO_PARAM in SM30.

My time hierarchy is correctly defined.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you want to get an answer - please open a new discussion and provide full info about your issue including BPC and BW version/SP, screenshots of test reports, screenshot of TIME hierarchy etc...

Vadim

0 Kudos

Custom measures works.

Thanks

Yashvi Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aijaz,

PERIODIC / QTD view gives correct results only when there is data in all the periods of a quarter/ year as the case may be. Else the results will be as mentioned by Merna.

The only way out is creating custom measures.

Regards,

Ramu

0 Kudos

Can you help explain what you mean by 'the only way out is creating custom measures'?  We have the same issue in BPC 7.5 SP 6 and have had it for a long time with no known way to fix it.  Periodic and QTD works just fine as long as there is data in every period but as soon as no data is found in a subsequent period the system can not do the calculation.   It does not know how to take 'nothing' and then subtract a prior period value.  It somehow needs to treat the no existance of a record as 0 but it does not do that.

I worked with SAP on this and was advised to install OSS note 1405993 which FIXED that problem.  Great news until at a later date our periodic reports stopped finishing and would give the message 'EVDRE encountered an error reading data from the web server'.  It would retry in 30 seconds and error over and over never finishing.  I again reported this to SAP who gave me more efficient Periodic and QTD formulas via note 1505778.  I installed the more efficient formulas and the EVDREs now finished but it brought back the original problem I had where Periodic/QTD reports would produce incorrect results if there was not data in all periods.  I again reported this to SAP without success.  They basically told me to do the calculation myself in the front end (e.g.EXCEL) which is unacceptable but I could get them to do nothing else for me.

The formulas I have in place are the ones found in note 1505778 to calculate periodic and QTD.  Are you calling these 'custom' formulas?  Yes, I created the formulas but did it based on direction from SAP.  Does anyone have other formulas where they somehow tell the system how to handle the issue if there is no data found in a subsequent period when trying to run periodic or QTD reports on a YTD system?  If so I would be most grateful if you could share them or any other details you have on the subject.

Thank you,

Vicki Shrontz

0 Kudos

I think that when the model is any other type than "Periodic" then you have to create custom measures.

The BPC measure does not work properly in that.

Also , you cna check the MDX at the back end.

Thanks

Yashvi Maheshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give the details of Custom measures configuration and MXD code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at SAP Note 1891059.  Maybe it will solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aijaz,

Please run the program UJA_MAINTAIN_MEASURE_FORMULA, check the formula for periodic and QTD measure. Correcting the formula would definitely solve the issue, but it is advisable to raise an OSS and take SAP's confirmation before fixing the formule.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aijaz

I am not sure but check the BI cube from where you are loading data is periodic.

JAck

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing a similar issue with our YTD consolidation model. The YTD measure returns correct results for all account types; however the PERIODIC and QTD measure  for INC and EXP account types will not present the data correctly for reporting. In a trend report, the first month with no results will be negated as the measures take 0 - prior month YTD. (EX PERIODIC . Month 1 = 10, Month 2 = 20, Month 3 = with no data shows as -30). We are attempting to workaround this using a YTD worksheet with data from BPC and a 2nd worksheet which calculates a periodic trend report. This has made the EPM reporting task quite challenging. We face the same issue with the QTD measure which appears to be based upon the PERIODIC measures values. How do other companies use the YTD storage model and report against PERIODIC measures?