Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number while delivering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need small help from you on following scanario

I am selling some materials.   I would like to know Profitability based on Product serial number.  i am entering serial number while doing delivery. now in copa do i need to create serial number as user defined characterstic or is there any standard characterstic.  I have checked there is no standard characterstic. I created userdefined characterstic.  serial number is saving into ser01 table.  Please tell me how can i derive this serial number into copa characterstic.

Thanks

Appu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume that you are populating COPA with a billing transaction. And that in some or other field on the sales order you have the serial number.

You then need to link that field to your characteristic in COPA. You can do that either when you set up the characteristic, which sounds like in your case it didn't work. OR you can do a move using derivation rules. OR if that doesn't work you can write code in the user-exit portion of the derivation (KEDR/KEDE) to find the info and populate your characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created Serial number is user difiend filed characterstc.  Now i need to updatate serial number which is available in table OBJK and field name  SERNR.   Now how to bring this serial number from OBJK table to copa characterstic filed serial number?

Please suggest me in which way i need to do this.

Thanks

Appu