cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rename a Package, Attribute view...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to rename a package and Attribute view created by me. However, am not getting the option to do so.

Need your assistance.

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renaming Hana Information views functionality is available in Hana SPS10.

Regards

Anees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak

What I do, if I want to rename a view is to create a new view with the copy option. Then I can give it the wished name and all definitions are set.

Anything referencing that view will have to be changed also, if you delete the old view.

Regards, Lukas

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

Take a look on this document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40505

Regards, Fernando Da Rós

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Tilak,     We don't have option to Rename Packages and Any objects in HANA(Schema, Attribute, Analytic, Calculated, Procedures, Analytic Privileges) Once we give the name for objects we cannot change the name But we can rename Tables, Column in Table, Index by using SQL Queries either in HANA Studio or HDB SQL Client Interface.  Thanks, Vishali Ragahava Raju
Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishali, Thanks for your input.

Just now, i read in modelling guide that

"To create, read, edit, delete, activate, or maintain an information object or package, you must have

repository authorization at package level."

So,  it seems to be lack privilege issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

> We don't have option to Rename Packages and Any objects in HANA(Schema, Attribute, Analytic, Calculated, Procedures, Analytic Privileges) Once we give the name for objects we cannot change the name

so strange limitation.

Why?