cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to avoid stock in previous period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning.

I have to change unit of measure for several materials, and i followed the advice into sap note 138767 and 30656.

One the conditions is to avoid the stock in current and previous period (as in MARDH).

My question is, how can i do to avoid the stock in previous period?

In MMBE, i have the stock in the present, and if i try to post a goods issue, the only present stock, is issued, but the relevant record in MARDH for previous period, is always there.

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP provides system check to avoid any kind of inconsistencies in future. SAP has allowed entry in maximum 2 periods , current and previous. So before changing base unit you need to make both zero to avoid tables having entry in two units. Which to me seems very logical and simply acceptable advice to follow.

What you need to do there is

1. Issue all stock in previous period say movement 201 in MB1A ( you need to have "Allow posting to previous period"in MMRV)
  2. issue all current stock and make it zero say via movement 201 in MB1A
  3. change base unit
  4. Receive stock in previous period and current period using movement 202 t-code MB1A , with values in new base unit.

cheers

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Avinash, for your answer.

Your news is really clear.

My last doubt concern the flag "Allow posting to previous period",

All documents, before and after the change of  unit of measure, must be posted, without this flag, isn'it?

So, that, the flag in MMRV,  must be introduced only in the end of point 4, or in a previous step?

Thank you in advance, Francesco

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco

MMRV flag needs to be introduced before 1st step , this will allow you to make movements in previous periods. You can remove this flag after all adjustments with previous period is done.

For reliable accounting in SAP it is recommended that you work in current period.

cheers

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Avinash, i know, that Sap suggests to work only in current period, but sometimes, it's necessary to work both in current and previous period.

So, if i post the issue in previous period for a material (es. June 2012), i will have zero quantity, in Mardh, while in Mard of the current period (July 2012) i will have the stock to be still issued (i will do a new issue in this current period).

The same, will be, for posting goods entry in new UM.

Cheers,

Francesco

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

great if your query is solved please , mark a correct answer and close the question  or else if there is not one you can close question by marking it assumed answer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to MMRV and remove tick  of "Allow posting to previous period".

Former Member
0 Kudos

these SAP notes are waste of time

there is solution that the at the end of this month make sure that stock is zero and so next month you will be able to check the unit of measure

but i beleive no one likes to wait to you need to do is set the error message as warning message and then change the unit of measure dont worry about this previous stock error message......