cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCEM 2.0 deployment error: sap.com/SAP-WEC-ZA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ladies and Gents,

While deploying the WCEM 2.0 components on a developer workplace 7.30 instance I run into the following situation. The following components have deployed without a problem:

MDM_JAVA_API

MDM_CONNECTOR

SAP_WEC_FRW

SAP-WEC

The following component contains the zero administration configuration and gives an error when being deployed with the JSPM tool:

SAP-WEC-ZA (2.0.0.1)

Deployment finished with error.

AS Java is not running. Check error details and their possible solution and then Resume. Archive with all relevant logs and traces is created in D:\usr\sap\WME\J00\j2ee\JSPM\log\errorReport.zip.

When I check the log I see the following entry:

Jul 9, 2012 4:48:52 PM   Error: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001224 Could not establish connection to AS Java on [vmwareinstall:50004]. End of stream is reached unexpectedly during input from Socket[addr=/10.0.2.15,port=50004,localport=4024]. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.

The error is correct, because my engine is running on port 50000 instead of 50004. Any idea where the incorrect port number is coming from? I know the component is optional, but it seems like a good idea to install it.

TIA,

Wilco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Wilco,

port 50004 is used for deployment, so this information is correct. The deployment of the system template is an offline deployment, means the J2EE has to be shutdown prior to deployment and usually starts up again after deployment. Not knowing how long the startup will take the JSPM tool tries repeatedly to connect and eventually will find the J2EE up and running and can continue with the deployment procedure. For some reasons the J2EE might 'prefer' not to come up.

E.g. when you activated in a previous step the SAP-WEC-ZA template, and during update something goes wrong. Then the J2EE doesn't get up anymore.

In this case you might check with the offline config tool to select another system template and try to restart the J2EE manually.

In some cases it might be necessary to reboot the server.

To find out why the J2EE doesn't get up the Trouble Shooting Guide provides a very good starting point:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(JAVA)+Application+Server+Java+Troubleshooting

Best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Thanks. I dug a little bit deeper and found the following:

1. Contains Aborted deployment component: sap.com_wec~zeroadmin Deployment of archive D:\usr\sap\WME\SYS\EPS\in\SAPWECZA00_1.SCA --> wec~zeroadmin.sda for component sap.com/wec~zeroadmin aborted Detailed message: 1. Exception occured while creating entry with name wec/zeroadmin in level [default template]. -> Illegal configuration name! Illegal character "/" found at position 3. Create an OSS message in component: WEC-IFS for support. See Deploy Controller log D:\usr\sap\WME\J00\j2ee\JSPM\log\log_2012_07_11_09_23_39\deploy_api.0.log for details.

Note 1585372 - Error during deployment of a zero admin template suggests that I should upgrade the server core.

0 Kudos

Hi Wilco,

that makes things clear - thank you very much for digging: the note says that the bug is fixed as of NW 7.30 SP04 PL0.

As starting point in our installation guide "3.1 Required Software Units" we request to install SP04 PL2. Additionally we added several notes that cope with bugs left in this PL. For some NW components you have to apply a higher PL. Please check installation guide's chapter "1.2 SAP Notes for the Installation".

Best regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Took a while until I had time to test this on my local development machine. With Patch level 7 applied, the deployment now works like a charm!

rami_reddy4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wilco,

Currently I am working on WCEM POC. Could you please help me on below mentioned thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3593131

Thanks,

Rami Reddy

Answers (0)