cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Intelligence Rich Client BW BEx 4.0 SP4 only display technical query name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After UPGRADE SAP Business Objects 4.0 Platform and Client Tool To SP4, when i trying to generate a Document in Web Intelligence Rich Client with source BW BEx Query, its only displayed a technical name of the BEx Query, and I need the Name of the Query, and the name of the Dimension and Metrics. Using Business Objects 4 SP2 doesn't happened.

The connections is OK, I had created a BICs Connection to a Query using Information Design Tools IDT, and The Name and The Technical Name of the Query are displayed but only in IDT.

Is this an Issue? or I Have to Setting something?

Jhonathan PImienta G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194419
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem happens with me too. After applied SP04, my Connection BICS in Web Intelligence show me now the Description + technical names in header columns.

Any idea what's happening ?

Thanks for your advice!!

Regards

Rodrigo S.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there has been a change in behaviour 

SAP Note 1693674 - Cannot use the Member Selector for a characteristic hierarchy in BI 4 Feature Pack 3

but both the above concerns (techname in header) and (techname for hierarchy in query panel) do sound like problems with the fallback locale.

You might want to open support tickets for that.

Regards,

H

former_member194419
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your response.

But my Bex Query does not have hierarchy, it's a simple query.

Regards,

Rodrigo S.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

as above, contact support to log a message

make sure you point them in the direction of this thread

regards,

H

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jhonathan ,

BICS connections cannot  be created from IDT, are you referring to a relational connection towards BW or what?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you for answer, I have an OLAP Conection towards BW Query, I had selected SAP BICS Client, the test connection toward BW System is OK, I had selected the Query in the InfoArea and The Description and Technical name are shown BUT in Web Intelligence Rich Client when I choose Document from BEx, the Connections to the Querys are displayed without Description Name, however I Click on Next and the Query Panel only display Technical Names of Dimension and Measures. Using SP2 its not happens.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still don't get it, can you please attach some screenshots ? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Simone,  BICS connections can be created from IDT and can be created from CMC, the connection is OLAP Connection and the connection does not the problem.

The problem is with the Web Intelligence Application (From Lauch Pad and From Rich Client), may be is something with the language, but does not show the description name in the language that the connection has set, does not show the herarchy in the way that SP2 is shown.

Thanks for your attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be anything about Product Locale, however we have the same configuration (CMC->Preference>Product Locale) to the BOBJ Plattform SP2 and BOBJ Plattform SP4, it is set as a  Default setting: Use Local Configuration of the Browser.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jhonathan,

I need to do some more research however there are a few things.

First, the two workflows are different. In UDT you connect through MDX, whilst in BEx query (BICS) the connection is through RFC.  This explains the difference.  Now as for the tech name displayed instead of the hierarchy name, this could be related to the preferred viewing locale as was indicated in this KBA https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1203410 which applies to XI3.1

Please do some tests and let me know, I will do my homework and try to see if I can find a reply to this.

thanks

Simone

Message was edited by: Simone Caneparo corrected the typo instead of IDT must read UDT... the correct sentence is:  "Universe Design Tool uses MDX  - BICS uses RFC"