cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface in Advanced Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a File To File Scenario using Advanced Adapter Engine concept as in ESR i create a Sender - Data Type, Message Type and Service Interface(Out) and in Receiver - 1 Data Type, Message Type and Service Interface(In) there is no mapping.  In Integration Directory I created 1 Configuration Scenario, File Sender Communication Channel, File Receiver Communication Channel and Integration Configuration. 

When i tried to execute, im getting this error "Error: com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.routing.RoutingException: InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface"

For you better understanding,

Sender Data Type:

Receiver Data Type:

My input file I used is ".txt" - contains

"TEST for Advanced Adapter Engine 1

TEST for Advanced Adapter Engine 2"                      

Thanks in advance.

Vichu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fill in correct details(such as Service Interface,Namespace and software component version) in the Receiver Interfaces tab of the Integrated configuration and activate it again.

Now stop and start the sender communication channel of that ICO and the issue resolves.

Regards,

Pooja.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Mapping is not required but service interface is required so create service interface and configure in ICO objects. No need to specify Operation mapping .

Regards,

Manigandan

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create Operation mapping and specify in the interface determination tab of integrated configuration ID object. That could be the problem.

There is no change in ESR with respect to AAE configuration. Still you need to create message mapping and operation mapping as usual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Baskar,  My scenario is not to use Operation Mapping and message mapping.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you dont really need ESR objects but you need to put some dummy target interface name and namespace in the Interface determination area.  Something like this

http://scn.sap.com/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-wit...

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not want to used the integration engine for your processing, then you can simply create a ICO object without specifying the operation mapping name:

Refer Pratik's response in this thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1869531

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think u miss understood my question ......... My requirement is to use Advanced Adapter Engine and I should not use Mapping concept.  As I am using advanced adapter engine there is no need of using interface determination and pls guide me on this now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how my Integration Directory look like,

Sender Communication Channel,

Receiver Communication Channel,

And Finally Integration Configuration,

And I provided the values of the rest of the tabs, the values i provided are which i created in ESR.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I referred above is since you don't need any mapping you can avoid creating ESR objects. In Integration directory use Integrated configuration object and there you specify the sender channel, receiver channels in inbound and outbound processing. In the receiver interfaces you specify some dummy interface name and namespace.  This receiver is equivalent to receiver determination and receiver interface tab is equivalent to  interface deterimination in the classical IE processing.  You dont need to specify operation mapping in the reciever interface tab. Thatswhy I provided equivalent William's link before. Even you can use the same provided by Pratik's response by Ravi too.

Hope that helps

Message was edited by: Baskar Gopalakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

the information was very useful baskar, but If i provide xml as input file i am able to get the output but if i provide the text file then im getting error.

And as you said i provided some interface in the receiver tab and executed but im getting the following error

"Error: com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.routing.RoutingException: Unable to parse XML message payload to extract operation for receiver determinationorg.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog."

My doubt is how xml is getting worked and text file is not working ????

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check whether you picked schema validation in the inbound processing tab. It should be NO validation option. This scenario should work for any file extension whether jpeg, txt or doc or any thing. You dont need ESR objects at all. You just use Integration directory objects to move file from one location to another.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the schema validation is in "no validation" and i done everything as u said but i dont know why it is not working for text file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I approached as it is what you said but i am getting this error "No suitable sender agreement found"

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't know the reason fully. You can try this..

a) Provide same interface and namespace names for sender and receiver

b) Use pdf or some file extension type and see it works or not.

c) This interface scenario does not need to parse payload content. 

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you changing the file extension or file name for xml/txt files in the communication channel of inbound processing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same problem -  trying to send DBF file from FTP via AEX 7.30 SP 5 to SAP PI 7.3 Dual Stack. This realy bug!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the same issue in 7.3, and I understand it is due the fact that ICO now can route the messages based on operations, so it is trying to match the payload with one of the operations defined in the message. 

You have 3 options here:

A - You use a "dummy" interface and namespace (not defined in the ESR at all)

B - In ESR, you set the attribute "Interface Pattern" of the outbound service interface as "Stateless (XI30-compatible)", which does not use operations.

C - In the ICO, you use the interface defined in ESR, but remove the SWCV of the sender interface, so it looks like a dummy interface for the ICO.

I have tried the first 2 and both work fine.  The 3rd one is a guessing but should work as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Nicolas

Variant B solved our problem.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I have suffered the same problem in one of our interfaces with PI 7.31 Java Stack Only and finally we solved the problem with your clue B:In ESR, you set the attribute "Interface Pattern" of the outbound service interface as "Stateless (XI30-compatible)", which does not use operations.

Thank you!  you're a great guy!

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What if I'm using an AAE IDoc as a sender interface (given that the interface in ESR is the IDoc itself and there's no 'Stateless (XI30-compatible)' flag for it) ?

Tks!

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I didn't had any dummy interface so I chose option B and it fixed the problem. Thank You Nicolas!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vichu ,

Enter dummy SI name and namespace as suggested by other before.

Just try to keep software component of the sender interface as blanl in ICO and the try to see if this helps.

Also in the sender channel what is the format have you chosen(Text/Binary??) can you paste the screenshot of the sender communication channel settings?

Thanks

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos