cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Family Members and Dependent iView for US doesnt reflect in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should have been a simple change but looks like I underestimated it. I have to make a field as mandatory for IT0021- Family Members and Dependents in Portal. I went to Content Provided by SAP-End User content-employee self service-iviews-personal information-US-Family-family members and dependents. I copied it to my destination client folder as a Delta link paste. Made my changes with CTRL+right click. Applied the changes. I Previewed the changes and looks good. However when I come back to ESS and go to Pesonal Information and Family members and dependents, my changes have not taken effect. What am I missing ?

Thanks for your help.

Sanghamitra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I still wanted to know how to make the "Required" field settings for certain Subtypes only. When I mark certain fields as "Required" for two Subtypes (Spouse,Child), the change actually took effect for all delivered Subtypes of IT0021 in the Portal (pcd). Is there a way to make these personalization specific to few Subtype only ?

Do I need to make some changes in V_T588MFPROPS or V_T588MFPROPC table to make this happen for Portal only ?

I appreciate your help !

Thanks

Sanghamitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you have to make changes in the front-end code as I suggested above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Yugandhar,

We don't have NWDI installed currently. How do you suggest to handle the code changes ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without front end change you cannot achieve this particular requirement. Might be you can inform ur business/team that this cannot be achieved without NWDI.

I can't image a project without NWDI. Might be you can try to develop a custom WDA app in case if you have to make this chnage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yugandhar !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth !

However the problem was that I had to change the iview directly  in the source (Content provided by SAP folder) and not in the copied version in my client folder. It works now...:)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can use table V_T588MFPROPC to change the field property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I have one question though. When I mark certain fields as "Required" for two Subtypes (Spouse,Child), the change actually took effect for all delivered Subtypes of IT0021. Is there a way to make these personalization specific to few Subtype only ?

Thanks

Sanghamitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

For making changes to a specific subtype, you have to modify the code and have to make changes in the wdDoModify method, you need to find out the selected subtype and based on the subtype u have to write your logic.